1,038 results
All reviews grand canal beautiful hotel rainfall shower peggy guggenheim collection water taxi santa maria della small terrace salute church star hotel junior suite accademia bridge st marks square watching the world gondola ride magical city high ceilings fresh fruit
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a 4 day break in Venice, as a special treat for her 65th birthday.
We stayed at the Centurion Palace - what a fabulous experience, from start to finish. The hotel is glamorous with exquisite attention to detail and every modern convenience.
The staff were wonderful from Julio, the front of house manager to Guiseppi the restaurant manager. One member of staff, Isabella, gave my wife her own black lace fan when we told her we planned to go on a Gondola.
We will definitely return and to anyone thinking of a break to this wonderful City, look no further than the Centurion Palace. It is simply the best.

1  Thank Raysyl
ExecutiveCP, Executive Office at SINA Centurion Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you for having posted your gorgeous feed-back concerning your recent stay at Centurion Palace in occasion of your wife's birthday.
We are glad to learn you really enjoyed your experience in our House, and that you were satisfied with our service.
Please, do not hesitate to contact us in occasion of your future visit in our Romantic City!
Our best regards.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

I have just come back from a 4 day stay at the Centurion Palace hotel. I would not recommend this hotel as being 5* and it is certainly not worth the money, although maybe it is the same everywhere in Venice, and you get very little for the money!!! I agree with ButNekkid review below, and it seems if you book through a website platform you will get the worst rooms so you are better off booking direct and don't bother staying here unless you get a room at the front of the building facing the canal.

We were informed on arrival that we were going to be given a double upgrade to a superior suite....sounded great and too good to be true and it was....this "upgrade" was a stuffy room on the top floor back of the building with a set of stairs leading to a bed with a slanted roof....talk about cramped and claustrophobic. I asked to be shown another room and we took that instead....a superior room, which in this hotel it a tiny cramped room, again with a window the size of a postage stamp. Lighting was awful, fridge did not work and was never fixed despite a number of requests, aircon thermostat did not work so it was freezing (we were informed this is because it is set at this temp for the whole hotel so why even have a thermostat?). The only solution was to turn the aricon off in the night and then on again later once I called the front desk to say it is too hot....call this a 5 star!!! I completely lost it when I had turned the aircon temp up on the thermostat and the room actually got colder!!!!

On the plus side the location is okay...not as great as everyone else says....breakfast is average (good croissants) and nice to sit out on the canal. Some staff are also good, others are not really forthcoming and you have to ask....for example, why did I bother tipping the bellboy when he explained nothing about the room so we were left to try and work out everything ourselves etc. Annoyingly everyone else in the hotel could get UK TV for the Olympics and when I explained it did not work the front desk speaks with you like you are an idiot...same as with the aircon....to be fair they replaced the TV the next day with something better as the one in the room was the size of a postcard....my IPAD is bigger!!!

Bed was awful...way too soft and I woke with backpain every day (I do not get any normally!).

Value for money? No way to pay £1,300 for a small cramped room with no light for 3 days....I have stayed in may 5 star hotels but this was the most expensive and I expected luxury but then again maybe this is what you get as luxury in Venice and I am expecting too much.

2  Thank Ferg005
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Myself and my husband stayed her last Sept. It was our honeymoon and we did a tour of Italy. i cannot tell you how amazing this hotel was. It was so nice and quiet around the hotel but only 15 min walk to the busy St Marks sq. The staff were lovely and made our stay even better, they were very kind in having a bottle of presseco in our room when we arrived which we took down and enjoyed on the terrace over looking the grand canal. We treated ourselves on our last night and ate in the hotel resturant which was fantasic. I would highly recommend this hotel and we are even considering taking my parents back there next year as we loved it that much. Thank you to all the staff for making our honeymoon so memorable.

Kind Regards

Mrs Haycock

Room Tip: we over looked the basilica di santa maria - what a wonderful view to go to sleep with it all lit up and in the morning with the sunlight shinning down!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheekyvickster

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for having posted this amazing review in regards of your recent stay at our Centurion Palace. We are really glad to learn you were satisfied with our Serivice and location, and that you have enjoyed a dinner at our Antinoo's Lounge and Restaurant, which has recently been awarded 4 red forks by Michelin Guide.
We remain at your full disposal, and look forward to having the pleasure to welcoming you back in the future!
With our best regards.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Very nice rooms. Stunning setting with a small outdoor area on the grand canal for breakfast and drinks. Lovely outdoor atrium entrance. Location is great - easy to get to st marks etc but away from the busy touristy areas. Very classy.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank SFandGLA
ExecutiveCP, Executive office at SINA Centurion Palace, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
many thanks for this nice review and for sharing your experience with others.
We are glad to learn about your satisfaction in occasion of your recent stay at Centurion Palace.
Should you ever plan to visit Venice once again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us personally.
Best regards

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Hotel general information.
Location quite good, not far from bus water stop. Nice looking building. About 20 min walking distance from San Marco square.
No bell boy, nobody will open door for you or offer to take care of your bags.
In general staff can be more friendly and visible for the guests. You may have feeling that, because you booked via travel website - you will get the worst room in the hotel, because you paid a bit less. If they don't like guests, who booked via travel websites - they shouldn't add themselves to websites like this at all. Over priced Internet access, however you can use free business centre with the printer without charge.
Rather bad experience from personal contacts with staff, they won't call you "sir", but rather "hey, what do you want here again".

Check in experience

No separate concierge desk.
No welcoming sentence given ...such us welcome to the Centurion Palace Hotel Venezia (it was once again more of Hey what you want greeting).
No room available before 3pm.
No alert in the system about pre-payment of the room.
No information given about breakfast.
No information without request about the area.
Assistance with the luggage on request, but no one would even think of helping you without asking.

Room:
According to reservation I was suppose to receive a superior room with nice view.
Room was located on the back side of the building on the second floor. View on the opposite building. Small room not really looking as a superior room, more as a standard room. Two small closets, not very comfortable bed, no pillow menu, no welcoming letter, no cups, no tea, no coffee, nothing complementary was given. Dusty bedroom with see through shower. It's outrages to have a shower when your college is able to see you naked (not only int he shower, but on the toilet as well).
Housekeeping service can be improved. No feedback survey was given to fill in.
No newspaper was offered, even that they claim to have free newspapers available.
Room service cover charge is definitely too high - 25% from the total order amount.

Restaurant.
Small dishes, nothing particular positive to say, definitely overpriced.

Check out.
No express check out was offered. The was no personal interest in quality of my stay. Not really good experience, I would expect more from 5 star luxury hotel.
I had a feeling that all they want is just to get my money and they don't care about the guest afterwards.

Shuttle.
Hotel employees ensured me, that there is a "free shuttle" to St. Marco Square in the evening, it's nothing, but a LIE. We were waiting for this "free shuttle" twice, both times it didn't come...

Summary.
It's nothing like 5* hotel should be, no one cares about you and you are treated literally as an empty space...

Room Tip: don't stay there, find another place
10  Thank TripMember091120165