1,029 results
All reviewsgrand canalbeautiful hotelrainfall showerpeggy guggenheim collectionwater taxisanta maria dellasmall terracesalute churchstar hoteljunior suiteaccademia bridgest marks squarewatching the worldgondola ridemagical cityhigh ceilingsbottle of prosecco
Reviewed May 17, 2011

An elegant "Great Dane" located on the Grand Canal - Dorsoduro district directly across from the Gritti Palazzo.

This magnificently restored Venetian-Gothic facade discreetly hides it stylishly and respectful contemporary designed interior. This gorgeous Palazzo will offer you an elegant and relaxing sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of this extremely popular destination.

From the moment we arrived, we knew that this was going to be an exquisite Hotel to spend (7) nights. The gracious personnel were extremely accommodating to our requests and provided us with useful information regarding restaurants that made our visit memorable. We loved Barbara – I’m sorry it has taken this long to write this Review, but we haven’t stopped recommending this lovely place.

After beating the pavement all day; our daily ritual was to watch the sunset on the Grand Canal sipping a delightful bottle of Pinto Grigio on their terrace. We selected this wine on the first evening and were pleasantly surprised to have the same wine promptly delivered with a bucket of ice upon our arrival every evening for the balance of our trip. What a simple, but well appreciated gesture.

Our amazing room was located on the second floor facing the interior courtyard. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and the gold leaf bathroom was a charming touch.
The first evening was perfect, but we were slightly disappointed to return the following evening to our Hotel to find scaffolding installed in front of room window for (4) nights. The hotel was clearly undergoing major maintenance issues, so we were puzzled why we offered this room for our stay (or) not even compensated for this visual obstruction, ghastly smell and annoying construction noise.
The other item that bothered us was “Why would a Hotel of this calibre charge for wi-fi?”

If you are planning to visit Venice, then you should definitely splurge on this gorgeous Palazzo since the majority of the Hotels in Venice are overpriced and they will probably disappoint you. This is an expensive city that requires substantial funds to fully appreciate this unique city.

Dorsoduro
There are several districts in Venice with San Marco being the most popular, but the Dorsoduro is the most elegant, peaceful and centrally located. Your ultimate destination area will provide with ample visual and cultural stimulation, such as the Accademia Gallery, the Peggy Guggenheim Museum of Modern Art, Palazzo Grassi (Francois Pinault), Ca'Rezzonico, Scuola dei Carmini, Galleria Cini and religious structures such as Santa Maria della Salute, San Sebastiano, San Nicolo Mendicoli,, San Trovaso, and along the Fondamenta delle Zattere, I Gesuati and Santa Maria della Visitazione, but the “Water Taxis” or Vaporetto will whisk you quickly to the adjacent islands.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
11  Thank BLS_65
Reviewed May 16, 2011

The location is ok, the rooms are small but decorated tastefully, the staff is helpful and nice, the breakfast is delicious! Have it outside, on the small terrace with a fantastic view on the Canal Grande

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Losfortunatos
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Whether you reach the Centurion Palace by motoscafi to their private quay or arrive on foot, through Venice`'s myriad streets and bridges, don't forget to look up, or you'll miss the splendid facade of the Santa Maria della Salute. We arrived slap in the middle of a Press lunch for journalists promoting the latest exhibition at a nearby gallery. No matter, we were given the most solicitous welcome. Twelve of us were checked in with the smoothness of a well-oiled machine, my daughter and niece's room wasn't ready, so they were given an up-grade, to a room with a terrace, which one of our party described as being "size of a small african country"! I had trouble enticing them out of the hotel. So you see, we were already satisfied customers. This hotel is in a fabulous location on the Dorsorduro, a 2 minute walk to the Guggenheim and Accademia gallery, far enough from San Marco to avoid the hoards, yet in easy walking/traghetto distance if you want to mingle and listen to the orchestra at Florian. Interiors are contemporary yet hark back to the original architectural features you would expect from 19th century gothic revival. We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank helenemsley1961
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Thanks to Tripadvisor-users I booked a superior room and what should I say ... it WAS superior! I got a beautiful room in the attic! First I was a little shocked about the openspace-bathtube ... but was soon relieved when I found the separate shower/toilet. I loved the mix between cosy wooden beams and the modern equipments. The room was not orriented to the Canale Grande - which I appreciated because on the other side of the building you can enjoy peaceful silence. Nevertheless I had a wonderful view over the rooftops to beautiful church, chiesa del redentore! The hotel is beautiful located in a very elegant and peaceful neighbourhood, in walking distance you will find all the great sights to visite. The hotel has a wonderful court yard where you can enjoy a nice espresso or a glass of wine. Breakfast is wonderful and the staff is very attentive and friendly! The restaurant Antinoo's is highly recommended - good food, friendly staff! This Hotel is really top and I hope it will stay at this level.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Swissness70
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Stayed in the Centurion Palace for 3 nights in April costing just under €1000. The hotel is in a great location and is easily accessible from the airport without having to lug cases through the city to get to it. Our room was on the top floor looking out on the canal although given the rooms are built into the loft/attic - this view is not quite as I expected. The room was nice, but didn't meet my expectations having looked at the pictures on the website. The buffet breakfast had ample choice was we enjoyed it each morning. The staff were friendly & helpful. Overall a hotel I would happily recommend but a little too pricey.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple