Choose this hotel if you want to:
• Get to the hotel easily from the Airport.
• Sleep peacefully at night
• Not get lost whilst in Venice
• Have a great room with great facilities and good value for money
• Be within walking distance of all important sites such as Rialto Bridge, St marks Sq, St Paolo and Piazza Roma.
• Want to be able to explore and travel easily to other islands such as Murano, Burano and Torcello.
• Have lots of options for eating and drinking and have lots of shops near by.
• Nip back to the hotel to take a rest as often as you like as its so close to everything.
If you choose this hotel please watch the u tube video of how to walk to the hotel from Rialto Bridge, it is spot on.
From the Marco polo Airport catch the ATVO bus right outside the airport to Piazza Roma ( this is the last stop so don’t worry about missing your stop and the drivers speak English). It takes 20 min and its 6 Euros.
From Piazza Roma walk over the big bridge you can not miss this. Walk along the canal. You need to buy a ticket for 7 Euros to catch Vaporetto (water bus) to Rialto Bridge. This takes 30 minutes.
Once you get off Rialto Bridge you have a 10 min walk to the hotel but you need to follow the U tube video of how to get to the hotel or use a map. Remember you need to be on the St marcs side of the Bridge. The hotel will send you a very usefull map of direction which you can print and take with you.
Returning to the Airport buy a ticket for 15 Euros from ticket office outside Giardini gardens in St Marks Square. Its called Alilagua. The ticket office will show you the stop and give you the time table. The blue line is sign posted for the airport. This is a water bus and its every half hour. It takes 90 minutes to the airport and this takes you direct to the airport again this is the last stop so you won’t get lost. When you get off the boat, it’s a 7 min walk under cover to the actual airport and it is so easy to find.
Do not arrive in Venice too late perhaps no later than 5-6 pm
Travel light as it is not easy to pull trolleys around since the walk ways are connected by various bridges and lots of steps.
Check prices on food menus before you enter restaurants. There are lots of sandwich bars and pizzarias with good value for money so it is not too expensive to eat.
shop around before you buy anything and negitiate the price. You can pay more for Lace and glassware in Muro and burano.
Have a great trip
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ca' Bragadin e Carabba offers luxurious rooms and a friendly atmosphere in a quiet square, just a 5-minute walk from Venice's Rialto Bridge. Rooms come with LCD TV, Wi-Fi access, and independent heating. Ca' Bragadin's accommodation is spacious and decorated with classic 18th-century Venetian furnishings. Rooms enjoy views on the private gardens or on a typical Venetian side street, suites have 2 balconies overlooking the square. Ca' Bragadin e Carabba is a 14th-century Gothic building in the peaceful Campo Santa Marina. The property was home to different historic figures including Casanova. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ca' Bragadin Carabba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ca` Bragadin Carabba Hotel Venice