“Best Seafood Ever!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We took Rick Steves advice and ate here. No tables were available outside so we sat inside, which felt homey. This was the first time in our 6 days in Italy where we were surrounded by actual Italians and not fellow tourists. We had fresh scallops to start. They were melt bin your mouth good! We shared a sea bass with potoatoes. I can't even describe how delicate and fresh the flavors were. The tiramisu was the only thing average about this meal. Service was good and fairly prompt. Dont miss this treasure!

1  Thank Justine L

Reviewed September 4, 2013

After some shopping at the nearby Strada Nova, we saw a free table outside at Da Bepi and decided to give it a try.
I had sardines Venetian way , the others had spaghetti alle vongole and al pomodoro.
Service was quick and friendly, and everything tasted great.
A great find, on a central yet quiet location.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We were not impressed with the food generally in Venice, but at Da Bepi we were absolutely blown away by how wonderful the meal was. We found it in Rick Steves' book, and he did not disappoint. The service was excellent, the food was homemade, there was no outlandish cover charge, and we left extremely happy. My husband had homemade ravioli and I had homemade tagliatelle with a mushroom sauce. We shared our second course - it was the grilled fish dish on special made with zucchini flowers. My family is Italian and so when I say the food was good, I mean it! We were in Italy for 3 weeks and this was one of the best meals we had. The house wine was great and the price was right. When we go back to Venice, this is the first place we will be going to eat!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

It really is difficult to find a good restaurant in Venice, without all the "tourist menu", cover charge, service charge (up to 14%), defrozen pasta and whoknowswhatelse. This place was recommended to us by our hotel Ca´d´Oro (which I also happily endorse), just few steps away.

Nice interior (although we sat outside, of course), perfect professional and friendly service, good house wine, great food (caprese, sepia pasta, tiramisu), reasonable pricing.

And I didn´t even know that charming signore serving us was the owner! Will be back!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a terrible time finding decent restaurants in Venice, and decided to consult the Rick Steves book we had with us. He recommended this spot, and we couldn't have been more pleased with our service and food. Our lunch was perfectly simple - I had the crab spaghetti and my mom a ravioli dish. Warm, delicious and exactly what we were hoping for. I would definitely go back.