“Tiny hotel in a prime spot”
Review of Ca' della Loggia

Ca' della Loggia
Ranked #214 of 468 Venice B&B and Inns
Windermere, Florida
“Tiny hotel in a prime spot”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is very hard to find but worth the effort. It's very small, more of a pension than a hotel, located right next to the best gelato stand in Venice. I would recommend printing a copy of the photo of the entrance on TA, because knowing that doorbell was key to finding the tiny door. The owner was very friendly, and helpful, although he is not on site but around the corner at another larger establishment in their ownership. The location for this hotel couldn't be better. Right in the thick of everything but quiet and secluded. IF you are looking for large spacious rooms with a view this hotel is not for you. If you want a clean, comfortable room with character and personality then try it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lcogswell55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My vacation at Ca' della Loggia starts only on 17 Feb 2013.

The reason why I chose this place is because of its nice features as well as excellent reviews. It look less then a day for them to confirm my reservation and their response was quick and helpful prior to my reservation.

However things started to take a 180 degrees change when I sought further advice 1 week. All I wanted to know if transportation is available at 5am that would take me to S.Lucia Station. After subsequent emails and waiting, I have not recieved any responses from them. Their services prior to reservation and after reservation is totally different.

It gives a very bad impression to me, when I have not stayed into their place yet.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jamesgoh1982
New Delhi
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were on a leisu trip with two girls and were very skeptical while entering Venice since it was December and around 9 pm . The great thing was that despite late hour there was always someone to respond to our calls and direct us. We were received by a very friendly old gentleman on arrival who explained to us the things to do and where to go around which was very helpful. In the morning we were met by Linda who was wonderful, proficient in English which was very important since we did not know the language. The room was small but very warmly done and very Venetian. The bath was really small and the bath lines was just about okay. The breakfast in the morning was filling and cold and the girl who served us was very charming. The hotel was right next to San marco which is the main main tourist hub...over all a very comfortable stay and would remmend for anyone on a short stay to Venice. For longer stay the p,ace cold get a bit claustrophobic but maybe thats how most hotels are in Venice

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
s.louis USA
Reviewed August 27, 2012

fairly easy to get. This B & B is small and charming, close to the vaporetto stop (5 minutes walk) and to the most interesting places of Venice. My husband and I enjoyed it well. For us it was like being at home. The staff, friendly and helpful helped us to make our stay more pleasant. The room are clean and overall quiet. very good value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jenny s
Bialystok, Poland
Reviewed August 9, 2012

This cosy hotel, together with its sister hotel Noemi are located in the heart of Venice just a short walking distance from St Marco. Spacious and clean rooms, amazing staff, extremely nice, friendly and helpful. You get your tasty breakfast directly to your room. The main hotel entrance needs a bit of additing and maybe a bit clearer signs, but it`s really easy to find. I will definitely come back to this fantastic place. Location is ideal for exploring Venice. Hotel itself is not maybe Burj al Arab, but the staff and owners make it really amazing. Worth every penny.

Room Tip: We`ve been staying in two different rooms - each of them was very good. In order to get to Ca`della...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed July 5, 2012

What a great place to stay,would/will stay again there. Great location, not to many bridges to get you suite case over to get there. Breakfast was great!!! we could not believe our eyes the first morning. Our first night there, Ernesto recommended a place to dine and even made arrangements for us, wife and i still talk about it. There was a ice cream shop we could see out side of our window across the walkway - great for a bedtime dessert. Our room was large and clean, the air conditioner was a little noisy but worked well. Bath room was clean and bright, there was shower (no tub). For me location location location,,,safe relaxing beautiful place. i know people say it is alittle hard to find but i made a map and looked on google earth sure made it easy... just remember the ice cream shop on the right when coming from san marco square the next walkway on the left and your there....Green Door... fell in love with city want to go back and will !!!

Room Tip: pack light when traveling here rememeber there are stairs
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob3
Soriano nel Cimino, Lazio, Italy
Reviewed November 24, 2011

I give it an excellent rating because it is excellent in it's own right. Not a big and fancy place. But if you just need a place to crash in Venice, I found this B & B through Venere.com. It’s very close to St Mark’s square and about a 7 minute walk from Rialto Bridge. It’s not a luxury accommodation but is certainly adequate if you’re going to be out most of the day exploring Venice and the surrounding islands. I can’t tell you if the breakfast was good or not, because I didn’t have any. But they called my room or asked me each day. The staff was very friendly and courteous and my room was tended to while I was out. Clean towels and a made bed. It could be a little difficult to find at first, so I recommend getting a good city map as soon as you can. You’ll need one anyway because the streets are insane in Venice. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was small but sufficient. Very clean and had hot water. It’s not romantic, but it does have some charm to it. There are no balconies or verandas overlooking a canal, ,but does have a window that opens so you can hear the street sounds below. It might not be what you’re looking for, but I was solo on a business trip and found it to be a great room at a reasonable price considering the location and some of the other accommodations I looked at. I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business