Bed & Venice
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
Ca' Priuli(Venice)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsshared roomrooftop terracegreat locationsan marco squaremissed breakfastferry stopfree breakfastbread rollswalking distancenight stayminute walkhostelsinksaccommodationcerealtoiletkey
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2013

This place is a must visit for all music lovers. We enjoyed ourselves tremendously here. The music was like ambrosia for the ears. We were mesmerized by it. It was a great experience for us. The chairs we were sitting in were very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jack M
Reviewed October 21, 2013

La Pietà was the orphanage and extraordinaire conservatory where Vivaldi taught and was Artistic Director. It is still nowadays a Social Services facility for mothers and children with special needs and partly funds itself by renting out rooms in the Casa per ferie "Bed & Venice" on the top floor/s. Quality renovations have been made to the building. Huge hallways, which also serve as living areas, are flooded with sun and windows as well as terrace offer stunning views of the city of Venice and the Grand Canal. Rooms are simple and all have single beds only. Bathrooms are shared, but numerous and very close to rooms; most with showers, some with bathtubs. These are also extremely clean. Breakfast is Continental style offering croissants and bread with jam, juice and coffee, tea or milk; second servings are charged 2 euros extra.
Adjacent Santa Maria della Pietà church offers a voyage back into the XVIIIth century when Vivaldi and his talented pupils performed there, with frequent performances of this great composer's works by renowned orchestral formations . There is also a Vivaldi museum, which I didn't have a chance to visit as it is closed on weekends.
Five-minutes walk from Piazza San Marco, with its basilica, the bell tower, the clock tower, the Ducal Palace and all; another ten-minutes walk away (the other way) from the grounds of the Biennale dell'Arte, and a vaporetto stop at the door, this place, though simple, is situated in a great location for your visit to Venice, is reasonably priced and what you pay goes in part to a not-for-profit organization helping out mums and kids.

Room Tip: Was there with my brother. They gave us a large triple room. All rooms look similar, but it always helps to ask for the best room in category available or with the best view, or whatever;-)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maureen Z
Robertino3, Manager at Bed & Venice, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review.
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcome you again here in Venice.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Venice at the Casa per Ferie (Bed and Venice property), next to La Pieta Church on Riva degli Schiavoni, in September 2013. It couldn't have been a more pleasant experience. The staff (in particular "Titti") went out of their way to make us comfortable and well-oriented to Venice. The ex-orphanage (Vivaldi was the music headmaster here) is on the upper floors of an old palazzo, on a very quiet side street (Calle de la Pieta), which was a welcomed respite from the busy San Marco area. The rates were extraordinary (c. 100 Euros for two, including a modest breakfast), rooms were simple but immaculate, and there was a roof deck with a view of the Grand Canal, San Marco, and the rooftops of Venice. While there were no en-suite bathrooms, this was a non-issue. There were multiple individual bathrooms, and individual shower facilities just across the hall, and we never saw other guests using the facilities. The hotel has an elevator. A gem, for those who do not need luxury.

Room Tip: Ask for Grand Canal or side canal view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lppetersen
Robertino3, Manager at Bed & Venice, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I wasn't expecting so much since I know how hard and expensive Venice is.
But this hostel was one of the best surprises of my trip through Italy: big, clean, perfect location, nice breakfast, fair price among other options, really polite and kind staff. I have absolutely no complains! And the view of the terrace is ashtonishing! I strongly recommend this place and, of course, the city, which is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Robertino3, Manager at Bed & Venice, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Buongiorno!

Thank for your very kind review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope to welcome you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Roberto

PS: Remember that we will be open also during winter!!! Don't miss the opportunity to visit Venice at a very convenient rate.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our recent four night stay at Bed & Venice. The location is handy, particularly for the main biennale sites, the staff were all polite and friendly. The rooms were straight forward and clean with comfortable beds and a personal wardrobe locker. Breakfast was good too- lovely coffee and apricot filled croissants. I would recommend Bed & Venice to other travellers.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kate W
Robertino3, Direttore at Bed & Venice, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013