“highly recommended” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #110 of 466 Venice B&B and Inns
Singapore
“highly recommended”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I'm not quite sure which category this place falls into. It's not quite a hotel, but it's not a B&B either. Whatever it is, I would call it a good deal especially for a family. I needed to find a place for my wife and two kids, ages 13 and 11, that was well located and could accommodate all of us in one room. I was initially unsure of the shared bath but it was no problem, other than hearing people going to and from the bathroom down a hallway where every sound echoed. The place was very clean, breakfast was simple but sufficient, and the rooftop view was spectacular. When we arrived, the air conditioner in our room did not work so the clerk moved us into two separate rooms for the same price. I also liked its proximity to the east Castello area which takes you away from the crowds and if you explore down some of the side streets you can find some really good and less touristy meals at more reasonable prices than you typically find in Venice.

Room Tip: FYI, the hotel charged my credit card for the first of two nights two months in advance of my arriva...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Robertino3, Manager at Bed & Venice, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review.
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcome you again soon here in Venice.

Have a nice day!

Roberto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

My new bride and I booked a private room for two. When we arrived, all the private rooms were full so they gave a 6 bed room all to ourselves! The room was very clean and spacious (even if it would have been full with 4 additional people). The bathrooms are very clean and spacious and there are plenty of them. Most bathrooms consist of a shower, sink and toilet; however, there are also a few sinks outside of the bathrooms. Very efficient. The roof top terrace is unbelievable. Perfect for breakfast and picnics. With a view of the entire city, you are almost eye level with every bell tower in Venice. And with a view over San Marco's Basin, you can watch the chaos of the cruise ships, vapporretto, water taxis, and gondolas. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mike R
Robertino3, Manager at Bed & Venice, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very nice review and for sharing your pictures!
I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcome you soon again here , have a great day!

Seltz, Alsace, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

It was the second time for us in this place, the first time as a couple and this time with our children and grandparents. We had a great time in very spacious and clean room. The staff is very friendly, welcoming and helpful. This is also very well located. Only very slight inconvenience: the bathroom and toilet to share but it was not really a problem. We strongly recommend the place and will return there if we go back to Venezia!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Robertino3, Manager at Bed & Venice, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for this very nice review!
I'm happy that your stay here has been nice, we all look forward to welcome you for the 3rd time!

Please remember if you will ever come with friends or family that we have the chance to rent few rooms and reserve a bathroom only for those rooms!

Have a great day!

New England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our family of four stayed here during a heat wave in July 2012, getting a corner quad room with awesome views. The room was very basic, just 4 single beds, a desk, a wardrobe, two night stands, A/C (heavenly!), and three windows (with outside shutters to block the sun if you choose) looking out over beautiful Venice. We really liked this location and the views and the price (€158/night for 4 people). Not thrilled initially at the shared bathroom idea but it turned out not to be a big deal, mainly because when one is in Venice, not much time is spent in the hotel, right? The rooftop terrace offered commanding views, and the included breakfast was adequate: not great, not horrible. There was cold cereal, milk, orange juice, grapefruit juice, coffee and tea, croissants, a roll (butter, Nutella, jams provided).

When I walked from Piazza San Marco to the door of Casa per Ferie, it took me 6 minutes going at a comfortable rate early in the morning (meaning I didn't have to stop for tourists who hadn't arrived yet). It seemed quicker than that to me but I clocked it on my watch so that's what it was. This place and the neighborhood was quiet at night so sleep came easily. Oh, and very, very close by is a water taxi stop where you can catch a ride to Murano, back to the train station, or any number of stops.

You leave the key at reception because they buzz you in, 24/7. I liked not having to worry about carrying a key and finding it at the end of the day.

Upon checkout, they allowed us to keep our bags there for the day while we did more sightseeing and then retrieve them when we left Venice in the late afternoon. The staff was most accommodating to us. Nancy was really, really friendly and spoke English so she provided us with lots of helpful tips about Venice.

Note: This place requires that you book with a credit card to establish your reservation but you must pay *IN CASH* upon arrival. No credit cards accepted.

If you don't mind very basic but very clean, quiet, and safe rooms (that do have A/C--many budget places in Venice do not) and you don't mind sharing (one of several) bathrooms and you don't want to spend a lot of money on lodgings in Venice, I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the canal or Isla Maggiore rather than the courtyard (which is beautiful...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank travlintoots
Robertino3, Manager at Bed & Venice, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Buongiorno!

I'm sorry for the late reply.
I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope to welcome you again here in the future!

In the last period we made some improvement to the building. But the prices are still very low (the lowest of Saint Mark's area)!!!

We are a great option to all those people who want to experience the center of Venice without spending a fortune but staying a very nice, clean and friendly stay with all the services you really need.

We still don't accept credit card for the payments at the check out, we need to save on their commission to keep our rates low!!!

Thanks again for your very nice review and have a great day!

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

Pros: The location is great, and you get what you pay for with the rooms and bathrooms. Nothing special or comfortable, but very clean and fine for a night or two. Great terrace with views.

Cons: The staff we encountered were very unfriendly. When you arrive in Venice late at night and are stumbling around to find your hotel in the dark, the last thing you want is to be let in by someone so unpleasant. The "breakfast" that is included is pretty terrible, with the same unpleasant staff member brewing his own, real espresso while the guests are served drinks from one of those instant coffee vending machine things.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank M S
Robertino3, Manager at Bed & Venice, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Buongiorno!

I'm sorry for the very late reply to this review.

Please let me say that many things have changed since 2011. We have new friendly staff members and we also have improved services.

I hope to have the chance to show you that we are very different now!

I look forward to welcome you soon again here, have a great day!

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2008

Casa per Ferie is in the remodeled, air-conditioned former orphanage behind La Pieta Church. The location is just a few minutes walk from San Marcos Plaza and the vaporettos.

The rooms are very clean and basic. Bathrooms are across the hall, but there were almost as many bathrooms as rooms so it was not a problem.

Breakfast was included with wonderfully fresh pastries. The rooms do not have TV, but there were 2 TV sets in the lounge areas. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

It was extremely hot when we visited Venice in late June and the close location and air-conditioning made for a wonderful visit to Venice despite the heat.

This is definitely a budget accommodation, but clean and a great value for the money.

• Liked — location, great value, very clean
  • Disliked — shower had very hot water
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
6 Thank Kathy E
Robertino3, Manager at Bed & Venice, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Buongiorno!

Thank you for your very kind review. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay with us. In the last period we improved a little our services and the building itself, but keeping the rates as they were!!!

We all look forward to welcome you soon again here. Have a nice day!

Puerto Rico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2006

Santa Maria:Get more than what you bargained for...
Our family stayed at this place summer 0f 2005.Being categorized as a hostel I was a little worried as to what I had booked for the family.When we got to the place and to our pleasant surprise ,I was taken aback by the size,cleanlines,simplicity and the spectacular views offered by the huge sized glass windows.We will defenitely return to this place when we come back.

• Liked — Cleanliness,spacious,affordable
  • Disliked — We were charged for an extra night that we did'nt get to use but in truth had reserved for "just in case"
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled with family