“Tasty meal on the Grand canal”
Review of Ristorante Omnibus

Ristorante Omnibus
Ranked #1,177 of 1,460 Restaurants in Venice
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We had lunch here, and didn't expect to have great food in a touristy area. We were pleasantly surprised by the food. The pizzas and salad were great, and the atmosphere was wonderful...we watched many gondolas lazily pass by, right by the Rialto. The service was polite but average. However, it was pretty pricey, the most expensive of our lunches in Venice.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Omnibus

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our family came here because it was close and seemed busy and had a good view of the grand canal. The first course of pasta was average at best and so was the wine. The second course was fish and I could not have more than one bite it was so terrible. The server was not particularly friendly and frankly a bit scary. The worst part is that every person in our family of 6 got terrible diarrhea the next day (all getting different things). The two redeeming qualities were the view of the grand canal and the fact that they didn't charge us for all of our food because we didn't eat it.

Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch on our ladt day before an evening flight home. Service ok, a little dismissive. Food good. It's the location that
makes it special ... right by the Grand Canal & in the shadow of the Rialto bridge. My penne with pesto was very good though!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Pizzas were good value and the staff were friendly and helpful without be intrusive. We could have happily sat and eat and drank there all day watch life on the Grand Canal. The toilets very basic though.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had good pleasant attention. I had a starter of parma ham and melon (exciting i know!) and the portion was excellent. My wife took about a third of the helping and I still had plenty. I ordered grilled steak & fries (OK, I need to broaden my horizons!) and my wife had oven-baked sea bass. The bass was presented with mussels, olives & tomatoe and was carefully filleted at the table.

We enjoyed our dinner. We sat outside taking in all the frenetic activity on the Grand Canal which was fun too.

This isn't haute cuisine but like I said we enjoyed our dinner. The only thing stopping us from going back there is the traveller's need to try other places. Service was attentive, polite and appropriate.