“A fine dining experience”

Osteria Enoteca San Marco
Ranked #91 of 1,449 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
London, United Kingdom
“A fine dining experience”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

A great find. An exceptionally well run restaurant. Modern in design but dimly lit and comfy....perfect for evening dining. Excellent food and wine without breaking the bank.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sandhurst, Berkshire
“Real Venetian food”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant, as it was recommended to us as somewhere you could get real Venetian food. It is really a wine bar which serves food. The starters were great, I had parma ham and melon and my husband had beef tartare, both were delicious. For our second course I choose the duck breast and my husband the veal's liver. I must admit we were a little put off when our meals arrived as they looked over cooked, but I must admit it my duck breast was very moist and tender with all the fat cooked out of the skin. The texture reminded me of lamb shank, when the meat just falls apart. Both meals were served with pureed potato and grilled vegetables. My husband was also surprised that his liver had been chopped up and mixed with sliced onions, but said it was delicious. A little more care could be taken with the presentation but we could find no fault with the meals and it is always nice to try something different. The service was friendly and efficient. There was also a very good choice of wines.

• Visited September 2013
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had an excellent meal, pasta with sea food for one dish, and a fish dish for the other, and so my review may be most relevant to people who want seafood. The service was both friendly and efficient, and much better than we've experience in other restaurants in the San Marco area of Venice. Both my wife and I found the food to be very flavorful, the best meal we've had in Venice.

Woodend
“Great place Bossy boss annoying but Georgia great”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

The heading says it all ..food very interesting..the stuffed squid was special as was the eggplant starter...the wine was reasonably priced and wide selection.... We went with daughter and her Husband and it was our last night together and we naturally wanted to talk lots and relive some Italian experiences the downside was the Boss was very keen to use the table again and made us feel uncomfortable.....the savior was the waitress Georgia she was very attentive understanding and always helpful and it was her first week in this restaurant Thanks Georgia you made our night most enjoyable hope you have many successful years at the place. Boss relax a little chill out give the customers some credit for being able to think and act sensibly whilst still allowing you to earn a good living..I would go again..incidentally our daughter did go the night before so it has a lot going for it

Visited September 2013
barbados
“Food mediocre,service very disappointing”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We arrive late for dinner without reservation but they told us was no problem because they were still serving food.The restaurant is small but cozy so we were happy to be there.As soon we had a seat a waitress asked for drinks.We ordered a bottle of water and a bottle of wine.The wine was not enough cold but when we asked more ice the waitress look not happy.Eventually she did but she never came to table for the wine for the rest of the night.Very bad attitude.We ordered a Beef Tartare to share but we didn`t like the texture of the tartare because was cut like in a blender and not in pieces.I ordered fettuccine di farro with mushrooms and rabbit ragu`and my boyfriend Fish tagliolini gratinati.My pasta was just mediocre:I did not taste any difference between a regular fettuccine and the one di farro that I ordered and the rabbit was not tasty at all..My boyfriend liked his pasta.The service was very poor and all the staff was more busy to talk between them than care about the guests.Nobody pored the wine after the first glass and we did not feelt confortable.We do not reccomand this place