Whilst not easy to find, there are instructions on the B&B’s website in relation to how to get there. The only thing I would change would be to add a note that the property is about 50 metres from the bridge – look for a doorway next to a pizza place and penguin gelati shop and it’s about 20 metres before the next canal.
Giovanni (the owner) will send you a passcode to get you in the front door and then he leaves the keys to your room in their letterbox as you walk in the front door, on the right. The B&B is on the second floor so travel light!
The owner, Gioavnni is a great host - enthusiastic, very knowledgeable and efficient. Nothing is too difficult and he makes the B&B a friendly and wonderful haven in the craziness of Venice (which I love).
- The views from the front 2 bedrooms and the lounge/breakfast area are beautiful and are of the lagoon, so there is always something going on to watch
- Location-wise the B&B is perfect. You can take a leisurely 20-30 minute walk to St Mark’s along the lagoon and through the throngs of tourists or you can turn down the canals to see the real Venice
- It is extremely clean and inviting and the bathroom is lovely – with a spa shower!
- We had one of the bedrooms in the back of the B&B so there was no view, making it a little claustrophobic, however it really didn’t bother us at all because we would leave the room at 8am and not return until 11pm, as there is so much to see and do in Venice. Don’t worry about the room, just know that the accommodation is safe, clean and owned by a wonderful person who is all too willing to go out of his way to help in any way he can. That’s the essence of this B&B.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Rosa dei Venti B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.