“Divine chef menú-New jersey post hurricane Sandy”
Review of Vecio Fritolin

Vecio Fritolin
Ranked #155 of 1,466 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: San Polo
Description: Vecio Fritolin from Venice is a loved, characterful little restaurant near the Rialto Bridge in Santa Croce where people have been eating traditional Venetian food for over a century. It's one of the cities where you still can find "fritolini", precursors of today's fast food eateries, popular in the 1800s with both the rich and less well off. The scrumptious historic finger food is still served, alongside masterpiece variations on other local Venetian and Italian dishes. The seafood and vegetables come daily from the nearby Rialto Market, and are on the constantly-changing menu within hours. Whether they stumble or deliberately step onto Vecio Fritolin's pink terrazzo floor, everyone's invariably glad they did.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Inarrived in Venice without really looking forward to my first night here. It turned out that after my travel companions left me to dine alone, I was able to treat myself to the chef's table. It was absolutely the five star experience I was wanting. When the first course came and he said mackerel I thought I was doomed. Instead I find myself a convert. The preparation juxtaposing the orange rind with the olive oil and confit of tomato with another puree - heaven in one bite! Eat platter of four just kept improving. The dessert - chocolate with fresh citrus salad and vanilla gelato. All made in-house. Don't think twice, just get the chef's menu I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Multa grazie a tutti in ristorante per una notte maravillosa! Merci pour être si amiable aves moi ce soir. 30 ott 2012

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had read a review of this restaurant in an Australian news article several weeks ago and so were keen to track it down even though we only had 8 hours in Venice between trains. The Vaporetta dropped us at San Marco and then using the GPS in our iPad we traversed the narrow lanes and bridges until we found it. Right from the start the maitre d^ was the friendliest and most helpful we had experienced in 10 days in Italy. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a couple of beers while we waited for our main courses to arrive - the Mixed Fried Seafood and the Black Taglietelle with Shrimp Tails. Wonderful. As a previous reviewer noted the seafood had very much a tempura consistency which was suitably light. We shared a dessert of sweet wine and biscotti and a couple of coffees. The total cost was just under €90 so not cheap for lunch but worth it for the whole dining experience.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Look nice and characteristic inside and staff is ready to welcome you as well as propose you their dishes. First of all I was a bit surprised that the menu was so limited with choice that I could not decide because I was not impressed by any dish. I usually let the waiter propose me something and so I did here. A sea food starter really basic in quantity and taste and a main course of tempura fish a bit bland for me with their white polenta.All in all this place tends to ascribe itself a level of importance that in my experience does not have. Maybe I tried the basic things but at the same time that was what it was available and proposed by the waiter furthermore. A good restaurant is not just made by a good name like this, robust list of wine available here ,selected bread provided here and pricey bill. I think for the same price around 65/70 per person you can be better off in Venice.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I've eaten regularly at this restaurant for over ten years now. However a recent visit has caused me to review again as the food was superb. I had the beef cappaccio for starters which tasted fantastic, followed by the breaded fillet of turbot for main. The service was as excellent as ever and a complementary limoncello was also welcome. The new selection of home-made bread for the table was very well received, although the herby olive oil crackers are still missed. Service was very good but the restarant was quite busy and a number of people who hadn't booked had to be turned away.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was her with my britain friends the 4th of August. I'm Italina and it was first time in Veice for my friends so I would make wonderful time. In venice it's not so easy find good food but her I found a perfect food in a wonderful atmosphere. I recommend it!!!