“Best meal in venice”

Neighborhood: San Polo
(Cant wait to leave) Canberra
“Best meal in venice”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

The headline sais it all. Authentic venetian (freshest seafood simply prepared), and infinitely better than the expensive rubbish found in almost all venetian restautants. And well priced (for venice).

1 Thank cooked71

Swindon, United Kingdom
“Best waiter in Venice”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Agree with Golfing Steve. This isn't a place to go for high end fine dining but it doesn't pretend to be. We had our first meal in Venice there and it was a wonderful introduction to the city. Started with baby octopus in balsamic vinegar. I then had liver in an onion sauce that I'd read was a bit of a Venetian speciality. Absolutely delicious. My wife had veal which she much enjoyed. We then shared a Tiramasu which was the first of three we had over the weekend. A revelation after the pathetic efforts at this desert you get in the UK. We had spritz to start and a glass of a wonderful Valpolicella from Veneto.

Service was great. The slightly frail waiter who must have been there for years was a delight. Worth going for him alone. Tried to go for lunch on the day we left but it was "completi" unfortunately. Put it on your list if you're going

• Visited March 2013
Lewes
“Why all these sniffy reviews?”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Am I going to the right place? Having read all the disappointing reviews of Da Ignazio on these pages it is somewhere I really should not be going to. But then I would have missed out on all the excellent meals my wife and I have enjoyed there over the years, especially on Sunday when most of Venice seems to plunge into full closedown mode for those looking to find a decent place to eat.

And believe me, Da Ignazio, is a very decent place to eat with helpful, polite service and a welcoming smile when you return. Most visitors get put in the front half of the restaurant overlooking Calle dei saonari- the street of soap makers- just a stone's throw from the great Franciscan church and within a few minutes of the San Toma vaporreto landing stage.

And the food is fresh, hot and good- doing the simple things, like my vegetable soup and veal with lemon- extremely well. My wife always tucks into her fish dishes with a gusto too, washed down with some crisp, white wine from Friuli, Alto Adige or the more locally sourced Soave.

This is not a place for rare and succulent gastronomic treasures, but for traditional Venetian food, I can heartily recommend it. I can only assume that these other, unhappy reviewers caught the place on an off day.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Golfing-Steve
Trento, Italy
“Okay, but probably too expensive for what it's worth ”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

I went with a large group of colleagues for a conference dinner. We probably did well for a 4 course meal with wine for 30 euros per person, but I don't think I'd have gone on my own. The courses were all reasonably good, but for a restaurant with a lot of hype, I was thinking that the experience should have been more memorable. The former mayor of Venezia was dining there at the same time as us. It's more of a place to feel important as you spend a lot of money on dinner.

Ottawa, Canada
“Big disappointment.”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

I have been to Venice many times and have eaten a all variety of restaurants. I speak fluent Italian and care about what I eat and my dinning experience.
This place was a drag from the first. The room was rather untidy, the dishes not very clean and the waiters were tired-looking. They did not have the appetiser I had selected nor the main nor even the wine. The waiter broke the cork while opening the bottle and was otherwise uninterested. The food was insipid and the prices out of line with the quality.
I will not be going back.

1 Thank High_seas_drifter