“Wonderful "no fish" meal”

Ristorante La Bitta
Ranked #55 of 1,462 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This little intimate restaurant was one of the highlights of our stay in Venice. They have two seatings for dinner - one at 7:00 pm, another at 9:00 pm. We needed more like 7:30 due to an opera we were seeing close by and they accommodated as long as we could guarantee we'd be gone by 9:00.

Warm and amiable service, great food, charming ambiance. Hubby had something described as "veal bits" and I had the pork stew. Both were amazing comfort-food "deliciousness on a plate". My husband will always remember that when the table next to us asked for the dessert menu, the very friendly (not a shy bone in her body) server said, "I AM the dessert menu!" (meaning she had it memorized, not that she was "dessert"). Too funny! I had the spice cake for dessert, which was very tasty but made me wish I'd ordered gelato - well, because I just love Italian gelato.

Loved this place. Even with the 9:00 deadline looming over our meal, we never felt rushed and enjoyed the meal immensely. Call in advance!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We ate here last night having seen the reviews on TA
Highly impressed with all aspects - best meal so far
Atmosphere is cozy
Menu is short and sweet but with enough choice to accomodate
Service was excellent
Food quality in all courses was amazing - but special praise for the gnocchi, which we had as primi, and the Tiramisu
Portion size was just right

Remember to book else you probably wont get a seat
Sittings are at 7 and 9pm

Reviewed April 28, 2013

They have a very short menu that is likely to change according to the ingredients they have. This always make good impression on me as restaurants with hundreds pages menu make me suspicious about the quality which was very high indeed. We took the 'filetto di manzo' and it was very good. Beside food, the place and the staff were very nice.
However there are 2 things to acknowledge before going: they don't serve fish and they don't accept credit cards (the latter is the only reason i don't rate it with 5 stars).
For 1 main course, 1shared plate of cheeses, 1bottle of Schioppettino and 1 shared dessert (worthy) we paid little more than eur50 per head

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

While you won't get your typical Venetian seafood fare, you get so much more by way of the quality of the food and the wonderful preparation. My husband sought out La Bitta last week on our vacation looking for a Slow Food restaurant, we were delighted with the results. My husband ordered a rabbit dish and I had the goose with plums and apples. Both were delicious! Our waitress suggested a wine that went perfectly with both our entrées as well as with our antipasta selections. I would definitely highly suggest the restaurant as it is a perfectly appetizing getaway from all of the other tourist trap food venues of Venice. If we ever return for a trip, we also return to La Bitta.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by Rick Steves, and by another reviewer. I can't agree. The veal bocconcini dish I had was bland and gray, as was the pappardalle with leaks and (frozen?) peas. My dinner comapanions smiled bravely through their dishes.

The wine I ordered, a Teroldego Rotaliano, was tasteless. That's partly my fault for ordering it, however I've liked Teroldego every other time I've ordered it.