“Beautiful food and friendly staff”

Pane Vino e San Daniele
Ranked #86 of 1,470 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We booked a table for 8pm for a Friday, just as well since all tables in the first room were used by the time we left.

John had the salad with cured anchovies and I had a tiny pasta with tomato sauce and sheep's cheese, we had a bottle of merlot at 20 Euros which was as good as the food. For mains John had the goat and I had a chicken dish cooked in honey. Both were delicious and a change from fish, which we love, every day. I then had the biscuits with dessert wine and John had an espresso and a grappa.

Lovely meal, friendly people on next table, excellent staff who translated menu for us. 106.50 Euros in total , good food so worth it.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We were in Venice for a two night, three day trip and had been warned about the touristy restaurants with poor quality food. Despite this warning and marching around with the tripadvisor app for hours (ok and maybe not wanting to pay astronomically high prices..) it seemed we still hadn't found a great restaurant. On the last day we decided to splash out and we found this gem.

In an quieter but still very beautiful part of the city (the whole city is beautiful!) the staff were very helpful and friendly without being in your face. I got the feeling in other parts of the city that tourists were viewed just as the commodity that they are and not human beings, but not in the place.

The food was outstanding. Hands down the best pasta dish I have ever eaten. I'm salivating now just thinking about the steak I had for the main.

It's just very authentic.

We paid 65 euros for 1 starter, 2 mains and 2 aperol spritzers so quite reasonable by Venetian standards.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Abby and I arrived 30 min before the place opened for dinner, but we were welcomed with wine and incredible prosciutto. The dinner went from strength to strength with amazing ravioli in cream sauce with ham and a great steak. We had exceptional and inexpensive wine and friendly service. This restaurant was much less expensive than our favorites back home in Fort. Lauderdale and was much better. Treat yourself! It's a simple 15 min walk from San Marco.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Definitely the best original Italian dishes we have ever eaten.
The owners were excellent giving the restaurant a real Italian finesse and style.
Very difficult to find. unless someone takes you there
By far the best Lasagna and Cannelloni i have eaten in my life!!!
Ate there three times out of 6 days in Venice!!!

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Off the tourist trail... Well worth every second to walk or swim there.
There are not may places where you can have a good italian meal at normal prices.

This place is one of the best in Venezia... I go out of my way to find great places. This was an exceptional find.

1  Thank 63vino