“Ping cuisine”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

It's a bit much to actually see your waiter taking your vegetables from the cold cabinet and pinging them in the microwave. Conversely the white wine was warmer than I would like it. It was very busy and as the kitchen door was open we could see how cramped it was for the staff. They tried their best but a frenetic experience was had by all. Not my idea of a relaxed evening in Venice. The food was tasty though.

1  Thank friarfield

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We tried this restaurant because it was close to our apartment on a rainy night. I later wished I had opted to get wet. The staff seemed harassed, rushed and bullied. The white house wine was warm. My seat gave me a clear view into the kitchen that seemed far too small in relation to the number of tables. My strikingly mundane vegetables, served five minutes after the rest of my main course, were heated in the microwave by the waiter, at a cost ot 12 euros. This was not a good dining experience.

2  Thank Fifejock
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very good food and friendly service in this simple, backstreet Venetian restaurant. Recommended to us by friends in London and we were not disappointed.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

No, no, no and no!!! I had read several great reviews of the place, both here and in a guidebook. Obviously, so had the owners, and decided to cash in. Of all my meals in Venice, this was the greatest disappointment. The scallops were rubbery and tough, the most overcooked I have ever had. Many dishes were pre-made and warmed in the MICROWAVE! Service was at first very friendly but pushy. Tried to sell us the daily special. Growing more and more suspicious of the place I made sure to ask the price of the daily special before ordering. Unsurprisingly, the price was higher than anything on the list. I still decided to have the daily special because the fresh tuna caught right outside Venice sounded soo good. Well, you guessed it, I shouldn't have been so naive. The tuna steak was also by far the worst I have ever had. Tough, certainly not fresh and lukewarm. Because of all these disappointments, we decided to go elsewhere for dessert. When I told the waiter that we were not going to have dessert, he got upset and unfriendly and almost demanded that we had to order something. Well, we didn't but ordered the bill. It took ages. On the bill, the waiter had charged us three euros more per main dish than the price he told us when asked. The highly ordinary house wine was more than twice as expensive as any house wine I had had in Venice in the whole week. When confronted by all this, the waiter, who had spoken excellent English when taking the orders, didn't seem to understand us at all.
All in all the place has all the characteristics of a formerly excellent family restaurant converted into your most typical tourist scam!!!

1  Thank Citytraveller_JE
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

For our last meal in Venice we had spaghetti with seafood and spaghetti with squid and ink. They were both fabulous. For dessert we had amaretta panacotta and tiramisu. Both excellent. Would recommend this place highly, and from a foody with many years in the businesss, that doesnt come lightly!