“The SOUP”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Santa Croce
Reviewed January 31, 2015

The pasta e fagioli soup is hands down the best soup I've ever had. For that alone it is 5 stars.

I split that soup (SO FILLING!) and also had the gnoochi with speck. I was so full at that point it was hard to continue. YUM.

The staff was also very friendly to us. I recommend a resy... although the restaurant across the street was empty, this place was full.

Reviewed January 12, 2015

On the advice of our Hotel we visited this charming,genuine Osteria. We did not eat a full meal but the starters and pasta were excellent and certainly not Tourist fodder. Go if you are in the area.

1  Thank Facchino46
Reviewed January 7, 2015 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on a recent trip to Venice, it was located very close to our hotel.

We received a very warm welcome from the staff even though it was a busy Saturday night and we didn't have a reservation.

The food was very good, my wife is still talking about the seafood ravioli dish she had. My only negative was that they only had one wine available by the glass. I don't drink a lot so bottle is too much. Other than this I would happily recommend this place to anyone

Reviewed January 4, 2015

We have been visiting Venice for a number of years and we keep coming back to Cravate. It's not fancy but the welcome is always warm and the food is good.
The fillet of branzino (seabass) was excellent, perfectly grilled and served with a selection of chargrilled vegetables. The tagliata di manzo (sliced grilled beef) was superb and tasted as good beef should, something I haven't tasted in a long time. It was served with some chargrilled vegetables and rosemary potatoes. My boyfriend just loved the gnocchi Tirolese, which was unctuously cheesey and sprinkled with walnuts. The desserts were equally good.
We did have one small disappointment. We used to love the fried calamari here, it was crisp and light, with rings and small crispy squid legs, and full of flavour. However, when we ordered it this time it was a pile of consistently sized rings only and it tasted frozen not fresh. We were very disappointed, but everything else that we had left us leaving full and happy each time.
It is always staffed by an older chap and a permanently smiling waitress who were always friendly and efficient.
We will definitely return to Cravate.

1  Thank Seestee
Reviewed December 30, 2014

we were exceedingly well taken care of in an original setting with ties hanging from the ceiling and photographs / postcards on the walls. The four of us enjoyed our food, a mix of pasta and seafood, fried fish and meat dishes, with an excellent house red wine.