“Best espresso in Italy”

Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: San Polo
“Best espresso in Italy”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I am a coffee snob, and like it or not, America has lapped the rest of the world in coffee excelle ce...except this little cafe on the banks of the grand canale in venice. Stop here for a great espresso or latte!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Welcome break”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had a lovely sharing plate and glass of beer after our visit. Not too expensive for Venice! Good service as well.

Visited May 2013
“The best coffee in Italy”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I discovered Caffe Del Doge while watching "The Great Italian Cafe - Episode 1 - VENICE": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ_w2z64Z9o The video stated that the place is especially famous for its cappuccino. I was not disappointed - it turned out to be the best I’ve tried in Italy during my two-week trip. The caffe is located just a few minute walk from the Rialto Bridge. The hours are from 7a.m. to 7p.m. Wonderful Venetian experience!!!

• Visited May 2013
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Quite the best”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

It was pouring with rain and I was desperately in need of a decent coffee. We stumbled upon this place quite by chance. The menu for coffees and chocolates as well as teas is extensive. I had a simple latte and my friend a huge pot of tea. The latte was just superb and I can recommend the little Venetian cakes we also had as a treat. Prices very reasonable indeed and if in Venice I would suggest you give this coffee house a visit as you will not better it. As others suggest it is used by locals as well as tourists

• Visited May 2013
Panama City, Panama
“Great coffee place”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Following a recommendation, we tried this place for breakfast. Good coffee (their own brand/roast), yummy orange juice, tasty and fresh sandwiches, and my daughter fell in love with the little chocolate croissants. Reassuring to see that even the locals come here, drink their coffee at the bar or sit down to have a coffee and a bite.

• Visited April 2013