“Welcome break”

Ranked #7 of 42 Coffee & Tea in Venice
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: San Polo
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had a lovely sharing plate and glass of beer after our visit. Not too expensive for Venice! Good service as well.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I discovered Caffe Del Doge while watching "The Great Italian Cafe - Episode 1 - VENICE": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ_w2z64Z9o The video stated that the place is especially famous for its cappuccino. I was not disappointed - it turned out to be the best I’ve tried in Italy during my two-week trip. The caffe is located just a few minute walk from the Rialto Bridge. The hours are from 7a.m. to 7p.m. Wonderful Venetian experience!!!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

It was pouring with rain and I was desperately in need of a decent coffee. We stumbled upon this place quite by chance. The menu for coffees and chocolates as well as teas is extensive. I had a simple latte and my friend a huge pot of tea. The latte was just superb and I can recommend the little Venetian cakes we also had as a treat. Prices very reasonable indeed and if in Venice I would suggest you give this coffee house a visit as you will not better it. As others suggest it is used by locals as well as tourists

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Following a recommendation, we tried this place for breakfast. Good coffee (their own brand/roast), yummy orange juice, tasty and fresh sandwiches, and my daughter fell in love with the little chocolate croissants. Reassuring to see that even the locals come here, drink their coffee at the bar or sit down to have a coffee and a bite.

1  Thank difelidi
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place does really great coffee. Whether it's single origin espresso or a frillier blend of espresso and milk with other flavours (chocolate, vanilla, nuts), there's something here to tempt every coffee lover. The hot chocolate menu is pretty extensive too. The food, which we didn't try, looked pretty impressive too. And all in a very friendly environment. Well worth a visit!