“Not terribly impressed, but good.”

Trattoria Alla Fontana
Ranked #288 of 1,469 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Food was not disappointing and prices were good. We also got eat right at 6:30. I should order, because we also did end up waiting quite awhile for our food and check. con seppie pasta is good if you absolutely love shellfish, otherwise it might be a little too intense. But in Venice, if the foods not bad and the prices aren't high, you've found a good place.

We were staying on the same street so noticed that they are closed on Sunday and Monday.

4  Thank AKB57

Reviewed September 1, 2012

There was 1 man serving, and presumably 1 man in the kitchen, for a full restaurant on a Saturday night. It took 2 hours for us to order, eat and pay for a simple plate of chicken & chips each! I would not recommend this restaurant until they employ more staff!

1  Thank worldtraveller99
Reviewed August 29, 2012

That the menu was really limited wasn't a problem, nor was the fact that they had a single (!) bottle of red on the list. But that we (and all the other tables around us) had to wait more than half an hour for a plate of spaghetti and almost just as much for the check and then the one who was bored and mad was still the waiter, that is inexcusable. Otherwise, the food was ok, the prices moderate, and the setting very nice, by the canal. Still, we wouldn't go there again.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The restaurant is slightly out the way, but it was nice to get away from all the tourists. Sit right next to the canal and have amazing food which had not been priced at rediculous rip off prices.

When we reserved we did ask for a seat by the canal to avoid disappointment. The menu is limited but just trust that what they cook is really amazing. I eat out a fair bit with work and for pleasure but this was one of the best meals I have had for ages. My girlfriend often takes pasta dishes, but I have never been impressed and they always taiste like something you can do at home, but even her pasta dish was amazing and she had to stop me from eating it all! I had fish, which I eat a lot and it was really good.

This was one of the highlights of my whole venice trip, plus you didn't feel like you were being ripped off either, which was even better!

4  Thank DavidOD2
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited on a long weekend in Venice.

Given that the restaurant is slightly off the tourist trail, there aren't hordes of people constantly wandering past. This made it an ideal venue for us and we were able to eat our dinner outside in a relaxed atmosphere.

The menu was fairly limited but seemed to be heavily based on freshly caught local fish and seafood. Both of our dishes were excellent and I would happily eat there again.

7  Thank Mcneesh