“Horrible service”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed August 29, 2012

That the menu was really limited wasn't a problem, nor was the fact that they had a single (!) bottle of red on the list. But that we (and all the other tables around us) had to wait more than half an hour for a plate of spaghetti and almost just as much for the check and then the one who was bored and mad was still the waiter, that is inexcusable. Otherwise, the food was ok, the prices moderate, and the setting very nice, by the canal. Still, we wouldn't go there again.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The restaurant is slightly out the way, but it was nice to get away from all the tourists. Sit right next to the canal and have amazing food which had not been priced at rediculous rip off prices.

When we reserved we did ask for a seat by the canal to avoid disappointment. The menu is limited but just trust that what they cook is really amazing. I eat out a fair bit with work and for pleasure but this was one of the best meals I have had for ages. My girlfriend often takes pasta dishes, but I have never been impressed and they always taiste like something you can do at home, but even her pasta dish was amazing and she had to stop me from eating it all! I had fish, which I eat a lot and it was really good.

This was one of the highlights of my whole venice trip, plus you didn't feel like you were being ripped off either, which was even better!

4  Thank DavidOD2
Reviewed July 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited on a long weekend in Venice.

Given that the restaurant is slightly off the tourist trail, there aren't hordes of people constantly wandering past. This made it an ideal venue for us and we were able to eat our dinner outside in a relaxed atmosphere.

The menu was fairly limited but seemed to be heavily based on freshly caught local fish and seafood. Both of our dishes were excellent and I would happily eat there again.

7  Thank Mcneesh
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We sat canal side at this little restaurant and were treated to wonderful food and excellent service. We had caprese and shrimps with oil and lemon to start, then shared a spaghetti al vongole which they were happy to provide on a shared basis. We followed this with sea bass which was wonderfully cooked and came with salad. I had home made zabaglione which was served freshly cooked and still slightly warm (fab!) and my husband had a dessert wine served with little home made biscuits to dunk in which he enjoyed very much. All in all a very nice meal and very reasonably priced. Would thoroughly recommend.

4  Thank DeaD0407
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Its my third time in this restaurant and its always a pleasure to go in there. I had spaghetti with eel as a first course and a seabass for second course. It was great but almost too much as the first plate was already very well served and tasty. My friend had cuttle fish in black sauce and he just loved it. So very good food and very affordable prices. English French and Italian spoken in this restaurant. Its also good to know. Enjoy

3  Thank Materio