“Lovely restaurant off the beaten track” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alla Fontana

Alla Fontana
Ranked #308 of 1,409 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Lovely restaurant off the beaten track”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

My girlfriend and I visited on a long weekend in Venice.

Given that the restaurant is slightly off the tourist trail, there aren't hordes of people constantly wandering past. This made it an ideal venue for us and we were able to eat our dinner outside in a relaxed atmosphere.

The menu was fairly limited but seemed to be heavily based on freshly caught local fish and seafood. Both of our dishes were excellent and I would happily eat there again.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Mcneesh

• Korean first
Prague, Czech Republic
“Wonderful little place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We sat canal side at this little restaurant and were treated to wonderful food and excellent service. We had caprese and shrimps with oil and lemon to start, then shared a spaghetti al vongole which they were happy to provide on a shared basis. We followed this with sea bass which was wonderfully cooked and came with salad. I had home made zabaglione which was served freshly cooked and still slightly warm (fab!) and my husband had a dessert wine served with little home made biscuits to dunk in which he enjoyed very much. All in all a very nice meal and very reasonably priced. Would thoroughly recommend.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank DeaD0407
Bordeaux
“Very pleasant dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Its my third time in this restaurant and its always a pleasure to go in there. I had spaghetti with eel as a first course and a seabass for second course. It was great but almost too much as the first plate was already very well served and tasty. My friend had cuttle fish in black sauce and he just loved it. So very good food and very affordable prices. English French and Italian spoken in this restaurant. Its also good to know. Enjoy

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Materio
Singapore
“Wonderful seafood by the canal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

I had dinner here with my wife on 8 June 2012. The cuttlefish pasta i had was divine, as was the monk fish my wife had.

The restaurant has outdoor seating by a quiet canal, and is quite tranquil an romantic - unlike the crowded places nearer St Mark's Square. It is very conveniently located near the train station, and opposite a water taxi stop close to the train station.

This place is fantastic! Please do visit. My wife and I enjoyed dinner here more than hustling through the crowds at St Mark's Square. It was definitely the highlight of our stay in Venice!

4 Thank Tysoxon
Sydney, Australia
“One of the best in Venice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Four of us touring Italy enjoyed a weeknight dinner here at very reasonable prices. The meals we chose, particularly the spagetti with oil, garlic & chilli were very tasty while the service was friendly and obliging without being 'in your face'. The overall price was very fair. We will return next time in Venice.

• Visited May 2012