“Very good restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!! Omnivorous Restaurant Please CHECK our on line Menu BEFORE to book a table!! Booking highly suggested. WE HAVE NOT VEGAN OPTIONS!! A credit card deposit can be requested to confirm a booking. WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY are our days off!
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Very good restaurant”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I followed advices from contributors here and tried this restaurant during mid-May. I booked for a dinner through the web site quickly and went there few minutes earlier. Upon our arrival a warm welcome by the waiter and the owner. We followed the recommendations from the waiter to take as a starter a variety of fish carpaccio and as a main dish a delicious branzino. The dinner was excellent with a very refined local white wine

The restaurant is well located with a nice view on the Laguna from the terrace. Nice decoration, presentation and perfect volume of the music.
My recommendations:
- Book before you go there
- Correct dress code (no slippers, men's shorts...)
- If you go there during summer, I recommend to stay in the terrace. In May during evening is a bit cold coz the terrace is located in a windy area.

One drawback, a bit expensive.

1 Thank Globe_trotter_maxx

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lesmurdie, Australia
“Fine dining at its best”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The presentation, variety and quality of food was outstanding, with every dish clearly explained and perfectly matched with fine wine. The staff, Manuel, Julio and Serena, were professional, couteous, friendly and attentive without being intrusive,and the chef, Bruno is clearly passionate about the dishes he creates. His attention to every small detail is evident and the pairing of ingredients delights the palette of the most discerning clients. The relaxed ambience and the leisurely atmosphere made a beautiful afternoon perfect.

Providenciales
“4.5 out of 5”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I can't quite give it a 5 out of 5. Service is fantastic and the location is great. We all had excellent first courses. For our main we all had fish and the consensus was that this course was good but not special. As this place is expensive - even for Venice - we were expecting special and it came up just a bit short.

I would go back and I do recommend it but I was just hoping for a little more for my money.

Totnes, United Kingdom
“Very nice but overpriced”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Had read trip advicer reviews and booked a table as we were only in Venice for a couple of nights.Can not fault the service or the quality of the food but I felt the meal was offer priced. The location and ambience of the place is good but I didnt feel I was getting value for money.

• Visited April 2014
London
“Visit to celebrate a birthday”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I had the pleasure of being treated to a meal on Friday 16th May to celebrate a friend's birthday and all I can say is WOW!!! from the moment we walked in, nothing was too much trouble. The waiters were very knowledgeable and took their time to explain the dishes, answer any questions and suggest wines for each course.
The service was unrushed and unobtrusive
For me, the fact that the owner was in the resturant and took his time to greet and chat to every guest added to the evening

I would recommend this restaurant and if and when I am next in Venice, I will ensure I am booked in as the entire evening is one I will not forget in a hurry

1 Thank Snakesting