“Fabulous meal relaxing by the water”
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Ranked #8 of 1,472 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!! Omnivorous Restaurant Please CHECK our on line Menu BEFORE to book a table!! WE HAVE NOT VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN OPTIONS!! Booking highly suggested: please go to the CONTACT page on our website. A credit card deposit can be requested to confirm a booking. We not allow under no circumstances to receive FOR DINNER groups of more than 5 Guests WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY are our days off!
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I were having a lovely 2 day break in Venice away from it all, and we had a delicious meal here sitting in warm sunshine. Really tasty courses, with unusual combinations, I had Duck and Lavender with my Pasta dish, really lovely. The Scallop starter was gorgeous. My husband had a wonderful tasting plate of 8 different fishes for his starter, all with delicious flavoured toppings/oils. My dessert plate was wonderful, a plate with about 8 different mini desserts, great for those of us who dither over deciding which dessert to have - try them all! They were all scrumptious! The main courses were lovely too, I had veal liver, my husband had lamb, both beautifully cooked and served. Great attention by the staff and good advice given about the wine choice. DO book to go here, it was first class, expensive, but worth it for special treat.

1  Thank HappyCakeBaker
Write a ReviewReviews (2,213)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were in Venice for 2 days for my girlfriend's 30th birthday. Looking for a restaurant to take her out, I am very happy I choose Riviera. Situated in a quiet promenade of Venice, overlooking the canal. If the weather allows, dinning outside is must! We had dinner indoors, and it was also very cosy! Nice, simple and classy decor. Good distance in-between tables, gives you some privacy.
The menu is fish dominated. And they make it good! Yes its expensive, but I can see why! You don’t pay for Venice. You actually pay for the combination of good quality ingredients, cooked 'la perfection', and professional service!
As there are no prices at the on line menu of the restaurant I bet most people would wonder how expensive actually is. Well, you can eat from 120€ for a three course meal and a glass of wine for two people. If you want to try the specials (i.e. whole fish baked in salt), maybe you need about 200€ for two. I can’t help mentioning the desserts are to die for. We had Tiramisu and crème brule(the best I ever had, and I consider myself a fun of both).
The other big plus was that the owner comes round and makes sure you are happy. He also replied to my emails, and he put an effort to satisfy my request about my girlfriend's birthday.
Overall, if you are not on a budget, go there and have fish. You will love it

1  Thank gsakis
Reviewed May 29, 2013

A member of Save Venice had recommended this restaurant - what a recommendation! I had reserved via email before leaving the US and that worked well. The owner was our waiter - the only waiter - and he had a wonderful spiel as he showed us the fish available that evening. He recommended having it bake in salt, a great recommendation. Wonderful fish! We also followed his recommendation on the wine and had a fine meal.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was our third dinner out on our trip and whilst the bill was rather a lot, the food was definitely worth it.

It started with a rather odd experience, as I was given a "menu for ladies" which didn't have any prices on it, for me that was the first time I'd ever been given a metaphorical pat on the head and told not to worry my pretty little head about such things as money... Luckily I saw the humour in it and just got on with choosing my meal but the out-of-date attitude was a bit breathtaking!

The manager of the restaurant was very friendly and helpful, and suggested a very good wine to have with the meal, and when the other reviewers mentioned that this restaurant is good for food they really weren't kidding. This was the best fish on our trip.

We had a primo course which was 8 different types of sashimi with various different dressings and accompaniments. I think my favourite one involved fresh mint. Then we had a whole salt-roasted Turbot as the Secondi and that was wonderful too. There were some innovative desserts, including a movie one that had a cola-flavoured mousse.

Overall, if you want amazing fish, a bit of quirky flamboyance from the staff, and you're not on a budget, this is the restaurant for you.

2  Thank Julie W
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Delicious and innovative takes on classic Venetian dishes with an emphasis on seafood matched with a good wine list and excellent service from our helpful and knowledgeable
English-speaking waiter/sommelier, who just happened to have visited Kangaroo Island, Australia, and loved it!