“Great service and very enjoyable meal, food was a bit hit and miss” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riviera

Riviera
Ranked #8 of 1,356 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: NOT FOR FAST FOODERS!! Booking highly suggested. A credit card deposit can be requsted to confirm a booking. From 2016 Oct. 1st WEDNESDAY and THURSDAY will be our days off, but will be open on Monday!
“Great service and very enjoyable meal, food was a bit hit and miss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I ate inside as there had been flooding that day. Service was really top notch, very helpful with advice on wine and menu. It wasn't cheap, we spent about €150 on the meal (without having desert) and not after splashing out on wine or drinks. The meal itself was excellent and really felt special.. The Sea Bass ravioli was spectacular, but the King Prawn curry was really unexciting so our review of the food is mixed. The Maitre D' was very friendly and we had a great time though!

3 Thank DublinPiranha

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
“One of the best meals we had in Venice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We arrived early and it was almost empty, by the time we left it was full. The food was very good, not abundant but really enjoyed it, even when we took some risks at ordering the waiter's recommendations.
All fresh ingredients, really tasty. We will definitely come back

• Visited December 2012
Savannah, Georgia
“Food was unique and a culinary delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I found Riviera on Trip Advisor and was eager to try it because it was close to our apartment and overall great reviews. My suggestion is try it and go with the Chefs specials of the evening however I am sure everything is great there.
Wine selection was good and suggestions were helpful. We had raw seafood tasting that was some of the freshest fish we have ever had. My husband is a Chef and not often impressed, he enjoyed this immensely. It was creative, beautiful and tasted just as wonderful as it looked. For Entre I had the grilled squid because I was eager to see what they would do. It was a lot to eat but (enough for two) but simple and tasty. It was a quiet evening in November but the service was wonderful and food outstanding. You will spend some money but is well worth it. I am sure when weather allows it is amazing to sit out on the board walk. It is easy to get to by water bus or taxi if you are not staying in the area.
We will be back!!!!

• Visited November 2012
Machelen, Belgium
“perfect restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This restaurant has fantastic food. The waiters are passionate about making you feel at home. The service is honest - when naming the suggestions the price was also given. The raw fish dish was inventive and very well made. The front room has an intimate setting with a live harpist playing atmospheric background music.To sum up, the perfect place to eat great Venetian food in the winter.

Visited December 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ate at this lovely restaurant with our three adult children, it was without doubt one of the best meals that we've ever had.
The staff are excellent and clearly passionate about what they do. My husband selected a bottle of wine to accompany our fish, the Patron came back with the same type of wine just a different grower which he thought would better compliment the flavours, it was a few euros more, but he was so keen that we should have it that he sold at the lower price! How often does that happen?
We had various starters, all of them beautifully presented and delicious, then went on to have sea bass baked in a salt crust. Wow! The flavours were so delicate, the accompanying vegetables were simple and well prepared. For desert I tried a carrot and ginger sorbet, it was beautiful and very wittingly presented. Needless to say I was forced to share it!
All in all a real treat. I go to so many restaurants and leave feeling that I could have done a better job at home in my own kitchen, this was very definitely not the case here. We most definitely will place this as our first port of call when we return.