“Charming, delicious and hospitable.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Al Paradiso

Al Paradiso
Ranked #380 of 1,409 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: San Polo
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Charming, delicious and hospitable.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I dined here last night as part of our honeymoon. We were quite late due to getting lost in Venice (which I recommend when you have sufficient time). Nonetheless, the owner and staff accommodated us after closing and provided a terrific experience. Try the beef carpaccio and add some of the terrific Modena balsamic and olive oil. Divine.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hook, United Kingdom
“Nice family restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Found this cosy , family run restaurant just off main Rialto bridge . Certainly a big difference from the 'grab you; restaurants on the water . Very small and busy but they had one spare table . Right from the outset we felt the friendly family atmosphere and service was very attentive . Food wasn't the best we had but fresh and well cooked . Free home made dessert wine and biscuits at the end was a really nice touch . Would certainly recommend a visit , although with such a wide choice still to explore not sure would go back next time

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Couperon
Massachusetts
“A Special Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

When we arrived in Venice, we asked our concierge for a recommendation for dinner and he recommended Al Paridiso. Unfortunately, when he called they were totally booked, so we opted to go the following Tuesday. By then, the weekend crowds were gone and when we arrived at the restaurant we were only ones there. We were greeted by the owner, a very charming and endearing gentleman. He took care of us all evening. The restaurant was very warm and inviting. The service was wonderful. We felt like we were dining in someone’s home. When we asked for a wine recommendation, he told us they had a house wine that was pretty good, but if we didn’t like it we could have something else. It was very good. Then we were encouraged by our waiter (the owner) to share our appetizer and pasta courses. We had the spider crab and the pasta with clams. It was obvious when he served our food that he was very proud of what he was serving. We had the turbot for 2 as an entrée and it was so fresh and simply prepared. They served an assortment of rolls, and one type was spectacular—fresh from the oven baked with olives. When he noticed that we liked them, he brought more, even though we still had the rest of the bread basket that we hadn’t eaten. He knew we were too full for dessert—so he brought us each a glass of red dessert wine and a plate of cookies. After we had paid the bill, and he saw my husband getting some cash from his wallet, he came right over and gestured for my husband to put his wallet away, that the service was already included—but my husband wanted to leave an extra tip because the service was so above and beyond. I don’t remember that ever happening to us anywhere. The whole evening was just so lovely. I wanted to hug him when we left. We both agreed that this was the most enjoyable dining experience of the more than a dozen restaurants we visited in Venice. Can’t wait to return.

• Visited February 2013
Miami, Florida
“Good Food Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Had a great diner here. Sent from the Westin, and they where right. Diner was cozy and quite. The owner/manager was making sure all tables where taken care off. It is small, and out of the main streets, but this is what makes it special. Not sure if I would say the best in Venice, but I will say that I thought it gave me value, special night, and good wine.

Yes I will go back

• Visited January 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Enjoyed. Not sure if I will return, but worth the trip!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I ate here on my first night in Venice. I thought it was good, but it was my first restaurant and any restaurant your first night in Venice is going to seem amazing so I couldn't gage entirely. The food was for sure good though, the service was very good, and the atmosphere was really cute. Having already been there, I likely will not return as I like to try new places but I am glad I ate there.

• Visited June 2012