“I'd return in a heartbeat!”
Review of Caffe Centrale

Caffe Centrale
Reserve with
Caffe Centrale is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #90 of 1,469 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: San Marco
Reviewed August 13, 2014

If you're in Venice and done the usual mom and pop, check tablecloth eating establishments and you fancy a change - try this place its a real winner.

Decor is very modern and stylish, more of a night club/lounge vibe than a restaurant but it works well. There are video screens around the place and the music is chilled and unobtrusive.

Waiting staff were a pleasure - very attentive, pleasant and with a good sense of humour.

We started off with an aperitif each - Aperol Spritz - which is a pretty standard drink but varies hugely in quality depending on where you go. Here it was served with a lemon foam on top - inspired and quite delicious! We had several more instead of wine and received succession of tasty nibbles including parmesan lollipops...mmm.

The menu is modern, interesting and well executed. Most dishes come in three sizes - S, M & L. You choose the size according to your pretence of starter and main and it seems to work pretty well.

Our main of filet mignon with chanterelle mushroom and potato foam was delightful - well cooked, nicely presented and as tasty as it could be - full marks.

The place filled up as the evening progressed and the ambiance was very calm, classy and fun.

I would return there for a meal in a heartbeat.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

We visited this caffé around midnight and had only the choice of sandwiches platters and salads. The portions were generous but a bit pricey for what we had. Friendly waiters and good atmosphere.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Top Stars - wonderful experience. Superb service - from start to finish. The hostess sat us outside on the water - only 2 tables there. Incredible!!!! The waiter made amazing recommendations both with the food and wine. Best place we have been to in a long time. We will be back.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Mixed reviews on here, but our meal was amazing. Very creative interpretations of each dish, with some spectacular ingredients left to speak for themselves......clever but not too clever. Best meal in Venice, maybe in Italy, during our trip. Staff were friendly and service wasn't overbearing. Great venue, surprising not that busy for a Friday night, no trouble getting a good table at all.

1  Thank Russell S
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The food here was excellent. However, this is simply not an appropriate place to bring children, unfortunately. Last night, we had thumping music, and video screens showing YouTube videos that in all honesty are totally not suitable for kids to see. (And I consider myself a rather "permissive" parent most of the time!). The staff did switch off the videos when I asked, but I did rather get the impression that they would have preferred we were not there. That was rather surprising, as at 8pm on a Friday evening we were the ONLY customers actually eating - another table of customers having got up and walked out before ordering. Possibly for similar reasons?!

1  Thank Rg2012_12
caffecentralevenezia, Direttore at Caffe Centrale, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Rg2012_12,
first of all I want to thank you for the review. We think that our guest's thoughts – whether positives or negatives – are always very useful and they help us to improve our service.
I'm pleased you appreciate our food and defined it “excellent”: I believe it's of primary importance for a restaurant.

I apologise if our staff gave you the impression of being annoyed by your request. I can assure you that all our staff members are well-trained and helpful in satisfying all our guest's needs with courtesy and respect.

Regarding the fact you considered our restaurant not suitable for kids, I want to make a clarification. Caffè Centrale isn't only a restaurant but also a lounge bar. So, on summer Friday evenings (from 19.00 to 00.00) we organize a special event – called River – with cocktails, music and free buffet. During the party, we also show on our screens some Youtube videos. Obviously, it's very difficult for us to have complete control over Youtube videos specific contents.
Also, many of our guests have shown so far that they appreciate music and videos in the restaurant area.
The Caffè Centrale is a modern restaurant and lounge bar, but also with a cosy and elegant ambience and I think it's regularly suitable also for families and people of all ages.

Finally, I specify that the customers who walked out before ordering had an unforeseen difficulty and they apologise with our staff for that.

I thank you again for the review and I'm available for further clarification.

Kind regards,