Tripadvisor

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Fantastic food made with true love for authentic recipes, very fresh ingredients. Where cooking becomes an art.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,175)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a place located away from the crowded attractions in Venice. But because of this you will find an excellent menu with traditional Italian food. The staff are friendly and the service excellent. The food came only a few minutes after ordering. The fish quality is really good an de pasta is delicious. Price is surprisingly good in comparison with the crowded tourist restaurants. It is worth both a lunch or a dinner there.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 28, 2019

We ate here when we were in Venice three years ago. This trip we had family members with us and I was sure they would enjoy it. Casual and busy but not harried. Wait staff was cheerful and helpful. This is my go to place for sardi e saor and it was excellent as always. My husband’s linguini with clams was the best of the trip and he has been trying to figure out ever since what was the extra touch that made it so good.
They are right on a small canal and experienced issues with the historic aqua alta but like true Venetians they dealt with it and kept going. Don’t let the US news reports scare you off. The Venetians are open for business and appreciate your visit- many of them took extra time to let us know that they were glad we were there.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

On recommendation of a family member we tried this restaurant. Got there just as they were opening. Service was good. Food was delicious. I had cuddle fish, my wife had octopus. Both were excellent. Long walk from Jewish getto but well worth it.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 27, 2019

This local restaurant was recommended by a local shop owner. You immediately notice that it is a place favored by the locals, which is a good sign. The decor was homey, the service very friendly. The food was the best I had while in Venice. We tried different specialties for appetizers and I had the pasta with cuttlefish which is a delicious venetian specialty. I would definitely go back.

Date of visit: October 2019