“I was centered out because i was dining alone.”
Review of Trattoria Casa Mia

Trattoria Casa Mia
Ranked #185 of 1,426 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Cannaregio
toronto
“I was centered out because i was dining alone.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have never felt so unbelievably embarassed. I got there and i said just for one, the man(who i believe was the owner or manager). Rolled his eyes at me and said something in italian under his breath while walking away...

I than was given the menu and made my selection. He returned for my order and i asked for a water and beer, he was having trouble understanding becks and aqua, so i repeated myself. He than speaks extremely.loudly which caught everyones attention in the surronding area, "this isnt a bar you cant just drink here"and i said "if you let me finish ordering you would know i was here for.the food."

I asked him for a napkin, never seen it. I waited 15mins for a desert menu. Decided that other places deserved the cash more. Since he couldnt be bothered with me.

Absolutley the worst service i have received while in italy for three weeks.

4 Thank brandie m

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Wickford, United Kingdom
“Good Service Required!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stumbled upon this place and decided to give it a go. Not impressed! Being out if season it wasn't that busy and we were seated straight away. It was another 10 mins before we were asked if we would like a drink. They even got that wrong! Not the best start! We skipped the starter dishes and went straight for the main. Pasta and Lasagne dishes were ok but nothing special. We then sat there for another 20 mins before anyone came over to ask if would like to see a desert menu. We eventually gave up and asked for the bill. The prices were low but I would choose a better restaurant next time! They didn't get a tip after adding 10% service charge!

Lille, France
“Not so typical / not so good”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We had a dinner there with my wife in january, it is an average restaurant, nothing more nothing less.
The gnocchi were tasty, but the Fegato alla Veneziana and the fried vegetables were not so good.
You should avoid the dessert, it's frozen, not homemade.
The prices are fair for the quantity/quality.
Good for a rapid meal, not for a good evening.

London
“One word: AMAZING”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This restaurant was only a 2mins walk from our hotel so was perfectly located for us. The food is amazing and the price even better with the service being quick and also polite.

We had lunch here on our day of arrival - we had 2 (very large) pizzas at €8 each with 1 litre of house red wine for €10! House red anywhere in Venice is lovely but particularly here, we loved it!

We also had dinner here too - mussels to share to start with unlimited bread, steak for main with chips, I had the bolognese, then a tiramisu and a lemon posset for dessert plus 1/4 litre of prosecco and 1 litre house red wine. Cover charge and 10% tip was only €60! Bargain!

Please go to this place for excellent pizza and a quiet low key lunch or evening and I promise you will not regret it.

4 Thank Lauren1985
Melbourne, Australia
“Our highlight of Italy”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stumbled across this little trattoria down a small alley on a Sunday evening and aren't we glad we did! The service was fantastic - all of the staff were extremely friendly. Our waitress was very patient with me attempting to speak Italian (even though we didn't need to). The food was the best that we ate in Italy - we looked all over the country for anything remotely similar but to no avail. Prices were extremely reasonable as well, great value for the food and service that we received.
I cannot recommend this place strongly enough - it was amazing and if I ever go back to Italy I'll definitely be returning!

• Visited July 2012