Galleria Giorgio Franchetti alla Ca' d'Oro
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Meh.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

This museum was completely empty when we visited it and we figured out why as we were looking around. Its not very interesting.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good museum but this one wasn't worth the 6 euro per person entry fee.

There is a neat view of the channel from the upper floors but other than that we didn't really come away with any memories.

If you are infatuated with the artist's work displayed in this museum you will have a lot more fun than I did but I didn't find anything memorable.

Visited December 2012

Bowie, Maryland
144 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 281 helpful votes
“It was just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

Sorry, I was not very impressed with the Galleria. It was ok, although the tapestries were pretty incredible, I didn't find that a visit to this Galleria was worth the time and money. Maybe if you are "looking" for something to do, but I wouldn't put it on any list of "must see" places.

2 Thank boo2U
Viterbo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“An unexpected outlook on Italian pottery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2008

I visited the Galleria Franchetti a couple of weeks ago and I was most impressed by the collection of Hispano Moresque pottery and Venetian ceramics.

Most of the pieces belong to the former collection of Prof. Luigi Conton, a passionate scholar and collector.
The history of Italian ceramics and their tribute to Hispano Moresque pottery owes a lot to his relentless archeological studies run at the beginning of the 20th century.

I'm a collector of Italian pottery myself and pottery is also my area of business and the subject of my blog "thatsArte". Whenever I have a chance, I visit ceramic Museums and Exhibitions. I'm glad to say that the Galleria Franchetti was the star of my holiday in Venice and one of the best Ceramic Museums I've ever visited.

2 Thank timamagi