“Nice little taverna”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dorsoduro / Accademia
Description: Taverna San Trovaso "family atmosphere, reasonable prices and great service"Taverna San Trovaso "ambiente familiare, prezzi modici e ottimo servizio"
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We found this taverna by accident whilst exploring Dorsoduro. It's a bustling restaurant with a wide menu. The service was polite and the food unremarkable. I don't think I will be returning.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,993)

Reviewed January 18, 2014

Bustling Italian trattoria - can be busy - but for us that adds to the atmosphere. The staff are welcoming and personable. You'll find a mix of tourist and locals. there's a good range of specials - bigoli al salsa - with onion and anchovy sauce was a big hit with my husband! It's not high end dining but it's good value (Venice is an expensive city to eat in!) and gives a a really good introduction to the range of real venetian food and they have a really frendly approach to tourists. Ground floor probably best for atmosphere

Reviewed January 3, 2014

After reading all the reviews, was expecting something really good and reasonable, they were incredibly busy, but able to fit us in as we walked in rather than booked, the staff were great but the food a bit so so. Might have just been a busy night, would try them again though.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Between the two of us we had first courses of pasta e fagioli soup and pasta with black squid ink; followed by osso bucco and fegato (liver), and tiramisu for dessert. Food was ok with the exception of pasta with squid ink which was just too dry; service friendly and prices reasonable. It is certainly a decent place to have supper, but do not expect anything exceptional.

1  Thank Anna G
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My husband and I just ate here on our trip to Venice. The restaurant was great, but what really blew me away was the food! I ordered the mushroom ravioli with truffle oil and it was absolutely HEAVENLY! Probably my favorite meal in all of Italy!