“Convenience factor!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Osteria da Pampo

Osteria da Pampo
Ranked #400 of 1,409 Restaurants in Venice
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Castello
Milton, Canada
“Convenience factor!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is one of the very few restaurants located on Sant Elena Island. The quality of food and price is reasonable. The waitress didnt speak English but was able to take down the order from the dishes listed on multi-lingual menu.

Visited July 2012

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Ok food and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

We were sidelined a little on our stay and had a very long wait for food, which to be honest was no more than average. Service was ok, but we weren't really made to feel welcome. We wouldn't go again.

Visited June 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Best lasagne ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

When I was in Italy I went through Rome, Venice and Florence. While I was in Venice I went to search for food that would maybe be closer to a true Italian experience. On my search I found osteria al pompo. It was there that I had the best lasagne I have ever had. No matter where I was (in Italy) I could not find a better dish of lasagne.

• Visited July 2011
Sydney, Australia
“A welcome surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

We were not staying near here but went for a walk along the waterfront, ended up in the gardens and then wandered around the neighborhood. We hadn't planned well for lunch and happened across this osteria. It was packed with local workers in small and large groups who appeared to come here regularly for lunch s they all knew each other and the owners. There was little English spoken but they were very friendly and we were able to make do with our limited Italian. Two of us had the fish soup which had a good combination of fish and seafood with wonderful flavor. The other two had spaghetti with seafood which they reported as very tasty. There was an assortment of bread and bread sticks offered with the meal. All very good. Prices were reasonable with the soup and the pasta at around 8-10 euros. After fighting the holiday week crowds in the main part of Venice it was great to wander streets which were not filled with tourists and eat at a cafe with locals. According to other reviews it has more tourists at night but at lunch time it is the place for local workers. It was a bit cool outside so we were happy to sit inside where it was very cosy but I am sure it would be pleasant sitting outside in warmer weather. We really enjoyed the meal here.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank tiel
Victoria, Canada
“very tasty meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

I just happened upon this small restaurant as I was meandering the street. The food was very well done, the price was reasonable and the service was great. The restaurant had a great feelling as if you had been invited to join a family at their home. The only problem was that there is only one toilet and it is very small. I could barely fit through the door. I would definitely eat here again.

• Visited October 2011