“Lovely lunch (good veggie options)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Zucca

La Zucca
Ranked #45 of 1,416 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: San Polo
“Lovely lunch (good veggie options)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

we really enjoyed our lunch here, we wanted a table outside but it was busy and had to eat inside. it was great value for money from the delicious food and the wine and coffee
great location to build into your day and stop for lunch here

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Inspirational!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Having seen this restaurant recommended in Lonely Planet, we popped down on Monday evening as soon as they opened, they only had a free table at 9pm, so we went for a few drinks on the other side of the city and almost didn't go back. SO glad we did!!
My husband had the pork dish for the main and I had an asparagus lasagne, along with the starter and dessert, I have to say this was one of the most freshest and tastiest meals I've ever had! The waiter was incredibly lovely and helped to translate some of the menu for us.
I really wish they published a La Zucca cook book!

Los Angeles, California
“Best in Venice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

So far this is the best restaurant I've eaten at in Venice. I had the Pumpkin flan, which is more like a souffle really, DELICIOUS, buttery, rich and delicate. OMG! And the Asparagus Lasagne, also just creamy and perfectly spiced, veramente delicioso! And then I had a side of Champignon, or stuffed mushrooms, also just delightful. All of it was WONDERFUL food! We had tea afterwards and even the tea was superior to what I've found in most restaurants here. Also not terribly expensive and the waitstaff was friendly and attentive. TOP NOTCH! Apparently you do need a reservation so plan ahead. Near the San Stae Vaporetto stop in adorable Santa Croce. The patio is lovely but even from inside (if you can ask for a table by the window) you can watch the Gondolas go by on the canal.

1 Thank Dufflyn
Leeds, UK
“An extraordinarily good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Recommended by a colleague who regularly works in Venice, this restaurant is usually booked up, so a reservation is essential. And it is booked up for good reason. Its menu, somewhat unusually for many Italian restaurants, offers excellent vegetarian dishes and vegetable sides - really delicately cooked. The desserts - again, often a weak spot in otherwise good Italian restaurants in my experience - were delightful.
Our family visit came at the end of a break to celebrate a big birthday - and on the last day we arrived at this restaurant by gondola. The whole experience is one all the family will treasure!

Visited April 2013
Lancaster, PA and York. UK
“One of my best meals EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I'll start by saying that my husband and I are NOT vegetarians, yet we both say this is one of the best restaurants we have been to anywhere in the world.

We were in Venice for our one year anniversary (May 2010) and wanted one special meal out to celebrate. I researched a few nice restaurants in advance and when we checked into our hotel asked the clerk to call and see if they could get us a reservation anytime during our stay. To our surprise, they got us in that night. Being our first night in Venice, finding it was a bit of an adventure but not too bad. It is tucked away in a residential area walk able from the train station, but really looks like a neighborhood corner place. Reading other reviews now, we must have had the best seat, next to the canal where we could watch the locals on their boats. We joked that we were so close, I might end up in the canal!

The menu was all in Italian, and I got the impression they printed it daily depending on what was fresh/available. The waiter (maybe owner) went through the menu item by item with us translating it to English. I heard him do the same thing later on to other tables in German and French. Quite impressive, but there was also plenty of Italian around, though it seemed like the locals sat inside eating, chatting hanging out while the tourists occupied the four tables or so outside in awe of the canal and food.

We wanted the pumpkin flan but didn't see it on the menu, but then again we assumed it was a dessert and not a starter (others comments). Even without the flan, the meal was incredible! We know it is a really good meal when my husband and I don't share our food. We also had house wine which was great. We had a budget for our special expensive anniversary meal, but this was barely half of that so we sat and ordered more wine and coffe and watched the canal. We didn't want to leave and thankfully they didn't need the table!

The walk back to the hotel was quiet and dark, a perfect peaceful stroll away from the crowds. Still safe.

Just suggested this place to my best friend for her trip next month. Would suggest this restaurant to anyone (and everyone)!

Visited May 2013