“Overpriced and not even in Venice”
Review of Vime Byron

Vime Byron
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Venice
Vime Byron
Ranked #353 of 385 Hotels in Venice
norwich, vermont
“Overpriced and not even in Venice”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Although this hotel is on the vaporetti line, it is on an island out in the lagoon, and a 15 minute walk from the vaporetti stop. This takes you away from the charm of Venice and was a disappointment to us. The staff wasn't that friendly and it cost more than any other hotel we stayed in in Italy.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London
Reviewed April 4, 2008

Following advises found on the internet I chose a hotel on Lido island, rather than staying on the main Venice island. And I was very happy with my choice. Since connections to the main Venice island are very good, you do not feel secluded in the least, but you pay a lot less for hotel and reataurant meals. I knew I chose a 3star hotel, and as I only stayed for 2 nights, I was not setting high expectations. The hotel was some 5-7 mins walk from vaporetto (waterbus) station, and as the island is not large, we found it without any difficulties - just followed the map. Hotel is some 200m from the beach, at the other side of Lido island. We were given a room on the top floor (I think it was 4 storey building). I was impressed with the view from the room - sea, pinetrees, a couple of Italian style residential houses. The island was very quiet, had a pleasant relaxing slow-pace feeling, compared to the touristy buzz on the main island of Venice. As it was end of march, the weather was still chilly, so we missed the heating in the room fearing it may be cold to sleep at night. However no sooner than we mentioned it to the receptionist, the big electric heater was already radiating warmth in our room!!! Next morning we overslept inclusive breakfast because of the clocks being forwarded 1 hour for summer time, manager understood and offered us to have not only breakfast, but also to keep the room for until we get ready to check out. Amazing staff service! Rooms and bathroom were very clean. What was not entirely for my taste was that furniture looked a little oldish, although I think the hotel was trying to give that antique atmosphere, so my opinion is probably subjective. What other people might moan about are beds – our double bed was not very comfortable to sleep on, it felt not only very hard, but also short. However as we were dead tired after a day’s of exploring, it really had no impact whatsoever on us getting asleep. I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who do not mind having a short walk from the water-bus station (although taxis are always there), and to those who can survive sleeping on a bit hard mattresses.

• Liked — really helpful staff, view to the sea
  • Disliked — beds were a little too hard for my liking
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank ZivileLondon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Venice
Byron Hotel
#22 of 33 in Lido di Venezia
Villa Tiziana Hotel
Villa Tiziana Hotel
#21 of 33 in Lido di Venezia

Been to Vime Byron? Share your experiences!