“Greatest surprise in Venice”
Review of Al Merca

Al Merca
Ranked #20 of 1,426 Restaurants in Venice
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: San Polo
“Greatest surprise in Venice”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Located just next to the Rialto bridge in an area crawling with pub, we arrived to Al Marca almost by mistake but we weren't disappointed, it's easily one of the best place we went to in venice. Great selection of wine at very reasonable prices. No seating available but the you can take your drink for a small walk all over the place.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Elchibz

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Venice Lunch Joint”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

After reading a few travel books about Italy, we wanted to find a little sandwich joint in Venice to enjoy with some prosecco. Al Marca was everything we were looking for.

I wasn't sure what any of the sandwiches were initially beside being able to identify the meat (my Italian needs some work), so we pretty much got 6 different sandwiches (variety pack) and 2 glasses of prosecco. We walked about 50 yards and sat along the canal and enjoyed our meal in the shade.

One of the sandwiches (something with Proscutto and Truffles) was so good that I went back there and ordered 2 more to go. I'm still tallying votes...but...definitely was a Top 3 Sandwich of my lifetime.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Mario F
Cambridge
“Cut above the rest”
Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

As described by others this hole in the wall is in a great location near Rialto lively but discrete. But the thing that marked it out for me was the great choice of quality, unusual and fairly priced wines by the glass and the delicious elegantly crafted snacks. Very tempting and pleasurable very venice

1 Thank bevandavidrhys
“The only place to eat!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Bubbles and nibbles standing up! Breakfast in style...Venetian style... Love it. Stumbled on it by accident and then found the outstanding reviews! Well deserved. 2 more days to go and I know where I'll be eating!

1 Thank Q8GrandTour2012
Mougins
“Not to be missed !”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I am on my 3rd visit to Venice ,am completely hooked on this amazing city .Each time I can,t wait to go to Al Merca for a spritz ( with a big ,fat olive at the bottom of the glass ) and some cichetti,and just hang out in the square watching Venetian life unfold . Magic .

• Visited June 2012