Hotel Scala
$81
$103
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Nice location easy to get to on the bus which stops outside the Hotel. Easy walking distance into the town. Fantastic pizzeria opposite and prices are great. Plenty of parking if you have a hire car and would be sheaper to stay here rather than Venice.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms NOT overlooking the main road
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Situated in a nice, renovated, old Italian villa, the Hotel Scala provided me with a pleasant stay, albeit a short one (-nighter to be exact). The room itself was comfortable, with large old-style windows looking out onto the main street that the hotel is on. I thought they were kind of neat. There was a bed (go figure), desk, television and dresser, all the essentials you might expect, and some room for maneuverability, by which I mean to say that it wasn't too cramped. The bathroom is nearly 3/4 of the size of the actual room, which leaves you with, you know, a lot of space to go about your business.

The Internet worked fine, though I'm not so sure I was on the hotel's network the entire time (which is fine by me so long as I am connected.) My one minor quibble might be that the only outlet sized for my French/German plug adapter was located nearer to the door, and not the bed (there was only one in the room).

I stayed at the hotel as a stopover before heading into Venice the following day. I had an evening flight with RyanAir into Treviso, decided to brave out the public transit network from the airport, and by the grace of the Almighty was able to make it to the hotel in not too long of a time after taking two city buses. (See review a few below here for helpful public transit directions) Be forewarned, the bus stops do not have names on them, and inside the bus there isn't a list of stops, you have to just keep an eye out for streets and hope to ring the bell on time. As for me, I missed my stop initially and had to walk a short ways extra back to the hotel.

The following morning, I grabbed the bus to the train station, and then a train into Venice St. Lucia, that process could not have been easier, and if this is what you are planning to do, I say go for it, it is really pretty simple.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank psdantonio
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Nice, hepful staff, good comunication to Venice and rail station, nice design of the room, very clean, nice bathroom. Close to the street so might be a little bit noisy sometimes. Reception desk is open 24/h, the breakfast is very early. I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sonnig2013
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Easy access to Venice by bus and train. Breakfast is plentiful and fantastic. The staff are friendly and helpful. I would stay here again and recommend it to those looking for a place to stay in Treviso without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank europe_cester
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Nice bathroom, very large. The shower only hung very low, probably around 1,7 m from the ground. The rest of the room was ok but not very special. The airco and the cleaning service were nice. Some activity around the bar downstairs would be nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com