All reviewspizzataxi ridetreviso airportvery nice hotelsports cluband spoke excellent englishlots of parkingreception stafftaxi farecold cutsexplore veniceclose to the airportnight staybase for exploringcomfortable roomyogurtstayed for nights
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel on various occasions and I have always been pleased with the service. The rooms are comfortable, spacious and the bathroom is very nice. It is an excellent value, and the personnel is very helpful, including accommodating my various last-minute changes. You do need a car, but access to the wonderful Treviso center by car is easy and less than 5 minutes away; parking at the hotel is free. The pool and gym are good, and are included in the price. There is also a spa, but it comes at extra charge of 15Euros. Bring a swimming cap!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank skippermom_9
Reviewed September 3, 2009

My husband and I had booked this hotel after our friends had recommended it. After driving 5 long hours to get to the hotel from our previous location, all we wanted to do was get to the room and relax before dinner. When we got to the assigned room it smelled like cigarette smoke. We asked to change rooms and they were very accommodating and moved us right away. The next morning when we got up to take showers, the faucet in the shower in the new room squirted water all over the bathroom creating a flood. When we brought it to the attention of the reception staff, they tried to fix the problem, but were unable to. They promptly moved us to another room with an upgrade. They were all so very nice and apologetic. The only issue we had was when we went to breakfast. We did not want the buffet, which cost 14 euros and we are on special diets and couldn't eat most of the foods on the buffet. So we had asked for just some eggs and because of the language barrier we didn't get the eggs the way we wanted, it took a really long time, and the coffee wasn't what we asked for either, but they also were very apologetic with that as well and compensated us on our bill.

We were excited to know there was a pool in the building, but when we went to use it, there was a fee for everything. You had to wear a bathing cap (2 euros), slippers (2 euros), and if you wanted a towel there was a cost for that unless we wanted to go back to our room and use our bath towels. It wasn't worth it to us, so we didn't use the pool. I suggest if you plan on using this facility you bring your own bathing cap, towels, and pool slippers (whatever they are).

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank mamamcnj
Reviewed January 6, 2009

We wanted to go to Venice but funds were tight so we decided to stay in Treviso and take the train from there. I was under no illusions when I booked as to the location of the hotel. It is at least a twenty minute walk into the centre of town and quarter of an hour to the train station; you can either get a bus in or a taxi (neither are too expensive) but we preferred to walk. It then takes about half an hour to get into Venice on the train and again is reasonably priced. The only thing that left me unimpressed was breakfast. We ate in the hotel restaurant one morning - it was overpriced and limited (though I am a vegetarian so this is common complaint of mine). There is however a supermarket next door to the hotel so we stocked up on supplies there and kept everything in the minifridge!

Pros: spacious rooms; power shower; large bathroom; bar in the hotel (which was useful as its a bit of a walk to find another one); extremely friendly and helpful staff; use of spa and pool (though you have to pay extra for treatments); value for money; clean.

Cons: Breakfast; location.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rhianev
Reviewed November 8, 2008

We stayed for 3 nights. The Ryanair flight gets in early so when we got to the hotel we were told they would hold our bags but come back after 2.00 and check in.
The hotel is very much a large modern conference/business type hotel. It has a very impressive reception area and the receptionist was helpful and gave us a map and showed us where to shop/eat in the city.
We we got to our room we didn't like it - it was small and dingy and smelt of cigarette smoke. We asked if they could move us and although they said they were fully booked they found us a room on the third floor. It appears that the higher the floor the better the rooms so ask for a third floor minimum!! I thought I'd been conned on that one as I'd booked a superior room anyway and didn't get that the first time round.
Breakfast was OK - nothing special and very much self service- even the tea/coffee.
There is a fridge in the room which we put our own drinks in - there is a good supermarket next door.
The hotel is on the main road into Treviso and buses stop outside the hotel every 30 minutes or so but we always seemed to just miss one and spent ages at bus stops. The last bus from the town is at 20.45 so no good for an evening out but taxi's are cheap enough. You can pay on the bus 2e each way pp.and they give you change if you only have a note.
It is at least a 20 minute walk into town along a boring busy road and across a couple of traffic islands.
We found a great restaurant - something like Spaghetti House about 10 minutes walk from the hotel towards town. It dosn't look much from the outside and they led us through to a back room which was laid out with huge trestle tables but it was packed with locals and the food /wine was brilliant and good value.

Don't make the big mistake we did on arrival. There was a huge queue for taxi's at the airport so we decided to get the bus which eventually turns up outside the airport (No.6). The bus took us into Treviso city centre and the train station but we ended up getting a taxi back to the hotel anyway so we wasted about an hour and paid double. It turned out the hotel is only about 5 min from the airport anyway so we should hyave been patient and waited.

Treviso itself is a "proper" town with plenty of shops, cafes and is very pretty. Its deserted on Friday nights but buzzing on Saturday with very glamourous and well heeled locals! We spent a day there and the next 2 days in Venice which is easily reached by train. The trains go every hour and were very cheap - never been on a double decker train before!

Treviso is worth a visit but the Maggior Consiglio is too far out of town. If we went again we would stay in Venice even though it would probably cost more. You can still fly into Treviso as there a number of coach buses waiting for the flight to go into Venice

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank nuddsyUk
Reviewed November 7, 2008

For a four-star, this can look like a good deal - around £70 for a night, and swinging the car into the free parking at the front and walking into the lavish reception area decorated with marble, and glass cabinets filled with designer clothes, you can be forgiven for thinking that you're in for a treat...

Well, you're not going to get it at Maggior Consiglio. The reception staff are nonchalant at best - nothing is too little trouble! Whether it's a request for an ironing board ("We don't have one to let you have in the room, but we can do it for you and charge you for it"), advice on restaurants etc, you're not going to get an effortlessly compliant response.

The rooms are TINY, and there's no excuse. It's a new-build, and it's located on the town's outskirts, so it's not as though they were restrained by some medieval street grid system. The bed fills the entire floorspace, and the desk is redundant, as there is no room between it and the bed to get a chair. I guess you could perch on the edge of the bed and lean across if your back will stand it. Internet connection is slow, by cable, and costs €15. The non-Italian TV stations are not properly tuned in, and you just get a screen of white fuzz with no volume on CNN or BBC.

I ventured down for dinner, and it was probably the best part of the night's stay - the food was of high quality, and the waiting staff were reasonably attentive - until it became clear I was just looking to put dinner on my room bill (and therefore unlikely to tip) - then they just left me to stew for about 15 minutes until I finally stood up and put my coat on.

Breakfast was OK, but someone needs to tell the staff that it can be embarrassing to shout "Sir, Sir, your breakfast is not included, you must sign" across the room. You need to help yourself to coffee, which is hiding in the far corner. You'll be waiting a long time if you think it's going to be served to you at the table.

The guy on reception at check-out was totally incompetent, taking about 10 minutes to change the paper in his printer while a huge queue formed. Nor was he polite or apologetic.

Probably the best thing about this hotel is that it's really easy to find, only about 3 minutes' drive from Treviso airport (and therefore easy to get away from!) There's also a Billa supermarket opposite if you need supplies.

Would I return? No. My search on Expedia brought up plenty of choice in Treviso and I took a punt on this. Next time I'll take a punt on one of the others, and I recommend you do too!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rybblevalley