“Ok for what I wanted!”

Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Treviso
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Ok for what I wanted!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was a weekend which was chiefly to do with seeing the rugby team I support, Lericester, play in the Heineken Cup against Treviso. Consequently, there would be much time away from the hotel, eating, drinking, socialising, sight-seeing and, oh yes, watching the rugby. All I really wanted from the hotel was a room I could sleep in that was reasonably convenient, a comfortable bed and ablution facillities (toilet, shower, hand basin, etc). Tre Santi provided most of those things reasonably well and was good value for money.

The bed was comfortable. It was two singles pushed together to make a kingsize. Bearing in mind this was December, it was reasonably warm. There was an en suite bathroom comprising a walk-in shower, bidet, hand basin and toilet. It was slightly disappointing in that some of the tiles were cracked and the grout between the tiles was grubby in places. The shower was good and hot. Of more concern was somebody else's hair on the bathroom floor. The small amount of hair I have is not that long and not that colour!

I didn't eat or drink at the hotel. I'm not sure such facillities were available. There was a bar but I never saw it used.

The hotel is situated about 1 km from the walled city that is Treviso. I was perfectly happy with that. It gave me the chance to walk and get some exercise at the beginning and the end of the day. There were several small places to get a capucino and a croissant on the walk into the city in the morning which were inexpensive.

Via Postumia is on one of the main routes out of town. There is a bus stop (Linea 3) outside the hotel which goes to the railway station and the city. You can buy a ticket for 1 Euro 25 from the hotel, shops and ticket office which allow any number of bus journeys in 90 minutes. Its also only two euros and 85 sents to Venice on the train from Treviso.

So, all in all, it served the purpose which I wanted.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Bruce K

Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Me and my friends visited Venice on an interrail trip, so the budget was to be kept low. Booking late didn't give us so cheap opportunities in Venice, so Treviso sounded as a really good solution. The quality was tolerable, besides the old decoration and furniture, and the price very good. But we would never had found it without the help of the local people. Don't try to make it on foot. Taxi is about 8-12 euros from the rsilway station. Would probably prefer one closer. Internet only at the corridor.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Penicuik, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

Hi, we wanted to stay in Treviso for one night (just so my partner who's last name is Trevis could say he'd been there!), it turned out town centre hotels are quite expensive so we went for Tre Santi. It is a bit tired looking, needs sprucing up, but the room was clean and tidy. The bathroom was clean but again a bit shabby. Our only problem was that the air-con didn't work but we didn't stay in the room long anyway. The bar/cafe attached to the hotel seemed to be closed but we did get a brioche and expresso for breakfast (not included). The staff were friendly in general, although not all of them spoke any English.

There is a truck depot out back which I expected to be noisy but it didn't bother us when we were there.

It is quite easy to get to, luckily there was an ad outside the train station telling us to get the number 3 (I think) bus, from the bus stop you walk onwards 15 m or so then turn left by a block of flats and the hotel is straight infront of you.

Treviso centre is about a 15-20 minute walk away along a fairly quiet road.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple