“The time went too quickly” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cooking Classes in Venice area with Mama Isa
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Padua
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Cooking School about the art of Italian Cooking. Mama Isa's Cooking Classes are addressed to all those who wish to widen their knowledge of Italian Cooking. Only fresh and organic ingredients are used every day! Max. 8-10 participants. Menus of 4/6 courses. An electronic copy of the recipes of the menu are given to the participants. Classes available only in English. Teaching the principles and techniques of classical Italian cuisine: in particular about the art of pasta making, pizza making, risotto making, seafood and shellfish classes, vegetarian or vegan classes, arancini classes, gluten-free classes, antipasti, bread baking classes, dessert or tiramisu classes, family cooking classes.....: Completely HANDS-ON. Offering cooking lessons for 1 day or more days appropriate for home cooks or professionals. "The New York Times" recommends the Mama Isa's Cooking School as one of the best things to do in Veneto region. Recently the ZDF (the second most important German Television) filmed a documentary about the Mama Isa's Cooking Classes!
McCormick, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The time went too quickly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I took our grandson to Europe for his high school graduation gift and one of the things he wanted to do was take an Italian Cooking class. After several hours research, it was clear that the best choice was Mama Isa's cooking class in Padua. We exchanged several e-mails with her and decided on a class on focaccia plus Raviolis filled with spinach and ricotta cheese. It was fantastic and he loved every minute of it, especially eating a great lunch that he had prepared.

Mama Isa is an excellent teacher with a great sense of humor. Her classes are extremely well managed and start with the most basic of basics (I kind of failed on measuring 100 grams of flour) but she taught me how to recover from my error without slowing the lesson down. Of the many activities we experienced during our week in Venice, Mama Isa's Cooking Class would likely rank as number two or three on our grandson's list. But in an 18 year old boys eyes, a visit to the Ferrari and Lamborghini factories would be hard to beat, even for Mama Isa.

We would recommend to almost everyone that they spend a significant part of a day letting Mama Isa teach you how to cook.

2 Thank travelindon
isacookinpadua, Direttore at Cooking Classes in Venice area with Mama Isa, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Don,
it's always nice to get feedback when people have enjoyed the cooking lesson. We pride ourselves on giving a more personal - fun - interesting experience than some of the "bigger" cooking classes and we are glad when our efforts are appreciated!!!!!!!
All the best,

Mama Isa

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cooking Class in Padua-Mama Isa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had the privileged to cook with Mama Isa while I was in Italy. She was AMAZING! My husband and I were staying in Venice and I searched "cooking class in venice Italy". Mama Isa came up. Her reviews were very good so I thought I'd send her an email. Her response time was super quick and within about two days, I had contacted Mama Isa, arranged a class time, set up my menu, and was in her apartment cooking. It couldn't have worked any better.

She is located in Padua, which is pretty close to Venice. My husband and I walked from our apartment in Venice to the train station, took the train from Venice to Padua, and took a taxi from the train station in Padua to Mama Isa's apartment. All of that traveling added together was about 35-45 minutes...not bad at all!

Her home was so clean and welcoming....and the food (the point of this review) was the best food my husband and I had while we were traveling Italy. I cooked with Mama Isa while my husband sat back and took photos of the class. It worked perfectly.

If you're looking to learn some traditional Italian cooking with an Excellent, personable cook, Mama Isa's cooking class is the one for you. It was the highlight of my time in Italy!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Jillyn S
Dear Jillyn,
Thank you for your positive review and kind words. I am very glad your husband and you enjoyed the class with me. Warm regards to you all, Mama Isa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My Cooking Class Exprience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I had the chance to have a cooking class with Mama Isa and it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Her and her great assistant/son Marco were very friendly and also made me feel like I am at my house cooking with my friends. I have learned to make three different kind of home made fresh Italian pasta and tiramisu. And I can't wait to go back and cook for my family and friends. If you are travelling to Padova, you should not miss the chance to have a cooking class with Mama Isa.

1 Thank Yıldız H
isacookinpadua, Direttore at Cooking Classes in Venice area with Mama Isa, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Yildiz,

I appreciate very much your very positive feedback!
Good luck and come visit us on your next trip to Padua! Isa & Marco
South Florida, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Like Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was in Italy almost two years ago for three months and wanted to experience all that the country had to offer. I was staying with friends near Venice and decided that I wanted to cook like a true Italian. I looked for days trying to find the perfect person or place to learn from. And while there are many to choose from in the Venice region and in the city itself I could not find one that fit my needs. I wanted to be able to take more than one class and learn about the dishes I wanted to cook not what someone else wanted me to learn. Finally I found Mama Isa.

Now Pauda is about 30min outside of Venice and I was staying 45min away from Venice so to get to Mama Isa was going to take me over an hour by train. But after speaking with her and what she would be able to offer me I decided to go for it, and it was the best decision I ever made. Not only did I get to learn how to cook amazing authentic Italian food but I made a friend in the processes and one day I will go back and see her again.

I would recommend this to anyone who truly loves good food and fun!

Visited October 2013
isacookinpadua, Direttore at Cooking Classes in Venice area with Mama Isa, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Buongiorno Shayna,
It was so wonderful to have you at my homey cooking school - I loved having you here with me and my family for a week, it was hard to say "arrivederci" goodbye! I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed the time! I hope that you have been inspired to get in the kitchen back home and keep up the work churning out focaccia, making arancini rice balls or fresh pasta or tiramisu..... I hope you will keep in touch and I would love to see you back here to visit your new Italian family!
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“If You Think You've Tasted Pasta...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Your trip to northern Italy isn't complete without a trip to Mama Isa. She conducts cooking classes for all ages (my wife and 9-year-old had a blast). And it's real. Italian. Cooking. Mama Isa shares her home, kitchen and most importantly, wealth of Italian cooking knowledge with her guests. We chose a pasta making class and you can't imagine what you don't know about making, and cooking, real pasta. At the end of our class we divided the fruits of our labor for what was an incredible meal. First was hand made fettuccine with an unbelievable sauce of cherry tomatoes, capers and fresh basil. Then she showed us how to make ravioli with a spinach and ricotta filling. It was to die for. If you're looking for something different to do while in Venice or Verona, Mama Isa is a short drive away. Highly recommended.

2 Thank rwndrr
isacookinpadua, Direttore at Cooking Classes in Venice area with Mama Isa, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Thank you for your positive review and kind words. I am very very glad you and your family enjoyed the pasta making class with me. Nina is a nice girl and is lucky to have a daughter like Nina! Warm regards to you all, Stefano, Marco and Isa (kisses to Nina)