“Great area of town”

427 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 914 helpful votes
“Great area of town”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I don't know what goes through my mind when I think of Ghetto per say , but I do love this area of town. Filled with eclectic little shops and funky people . I go here a lot because I love the fabric shops where I buy all my fabrics to sew clothes. One needs to really rummage around to find the bargains in the shops by going down stairs or up stairs . There is a very beautiful little stone paved piazza that is a gorgeous haven of peace and tranquility where you can have a coffee or a fruit drink ( even a spritz or prosecco if its the right time of day for you). The ghetto has an interesting history well worth reading about for those interested in that kind of thing . There are some good clothes shops for those interested in one offs and little known but excellent designers. There is a vintage shop selling designer vintage bags , and clothes ..a few old print shops galleries and antique shops. I love looking at the variety of ancient columns used on the houses , as in recycled from roman times , but used in maybe the 16 th century ... its a fascinating place that makes you wish walls could talk when you are there . I can't help being fascinated by the area.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Saskiagrav

Raleigh, North Carolina
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Interesting way to "get lost"”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Lots of interesting stuff to see getting "lost" in this area. Lots of nice, quaint little antique shops, bookstores. Shopkeepers may not be fluent in English but they are some of the warmest, nicest people we've come across with.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank TeamCrowder
Burnley, England
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 196 helpful votes
“The old Jewish Ghetto was worth a wander”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The narrow streets of this area were interesting and full of charm. It was nice to wander as the streets provided shade from the sun and they also added a historial interest to the walk

Visited August 2013
3 Thank quasargal
Portland, Oregon, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Padova has a gentle soul!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I loved my visit to Podova - so easy to walk and tram around, with great attractions like the Ghetto Ebraico - i just loved strolling this quite city. Great food too! Easy train to Venice - I highly recommend this over staying in Venice!

Visited July 2013
3 Thank 577Shepherd
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great atmosphere but hard to find the Jewish spirit”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We found the area and saw the large plaque memorializing the holocaust. A local woman came out and told us to turn left to find the significant synagogue but we only found a reconstruction of what we assume was a different one. The area is filled with shops and restaurants. Compared to other ghettos, it didn't seem as claustrophobic as some-similar to a typical Venetian street.

Visited May 2013