“The most amazing ice cream sold here!”

Gelateria La Romana
Ranked #1 of 55 Dessert in Padua
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: La Romana gelato parlour was born in the heart of the historic centre of Rimini in 1947, receiving the name of the founder's daughter. A few years later Vito Zucchi, progenitor of the family, took over the enterprise. Thanks to his fervent creativity and the use of a few ingredients then available, he created a wide range of high-quality flavours which are still made in our stores today. For this reason, we offer traditional flavours made exclusively with selected products, following old recipes of the past.
England
“The most amazing ice cream sold here!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The ice cream sold here is beyond belief it's simply fabulous! It doesn't matter what time you visit it's always busy and the flavours, well you would have to go and see for yourself!
There are a lot of Italians that buy ice creams here and family's out for a stroll. the staff are very friendly and offer 'tasters' if you are not sure what you would like.
We were in Padova for four days and had ice cream here for three of those days .... don't think our waistlines would have coped if we had been there any longer!
Do visit if you are in Padova, it is a little more expensive than other Gelateria's but boy it's worth every Euro!

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Padova
“Can't get enough!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Since its opening, I am pretty sure that I've tried all the flavours available! In my opinion "Biscotto della Nonna" and "Croccantino all'amarena" are definitely the best, but I also like Dark Chocolate and Mint. All flavours are soooo creamy and tasty...slurp!
The atmosphere is nice, there are about 20 seats inside and the staff is welcoming and offers you free samples if you are not sure of which flavour to choose. It's a little bit more expensive than other gelaterias, but I think it's worth it.
And do not forget to try the crêpes and the Sicilian-style granitas!

Odense
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best icecream without any shadow of a doubt”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I went to the store in Rome during my week stay as it was nearby my hotel. The store was full of customers every night and the clientel was mainly Italians with the occational tourist popping in once in a while during the evening.
The first time my travel companion and I went in, we ordered 2 scoops each and it was heaven. The next evening we ordered a small box where would can have three flavours and the evening after that, we ordered another small box with three new flavours, every flavour superior by far compared to the other galaterias in Rome we went to.

• Visited July 2013
“The best ice cream in the world!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Ou my ou my! There is a line of people every evening to get the best dessert/ice cream ever! Taste pistacchio, yogurt, 1947, lurpslurps! I am ice cream lover and this is really the best I ever have eaten! Gogogo, go there to have the best ice ever!

Victoria, Canada
“Warning - it's addictive!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

A local recommended this gelateria to us. My partner, a former gelateria owner was skeptical of the rave review but agreed to give it a try. He walked out smiling. The price is a bit higher than one would pay at any of the more ordinary spots but not over the top and worth it. All of the gelato is homemade with top quality ingredients. I tasted the dark chocolate (sublime) the pistachio (real pistachio!) and the Sicilian cassata (unforgettable - do not miss it if it's available). A truly memorable experience.

• Visited February 2013