“One of the best cathedral I have been to.”

Basilica di Sant’Antonio - Basilica del Santo
Book on TripAdvisor
More Info
$444.17*
and up
Private Padua Walking Tour
Ranked #2 of 371 things to do in Padua
More attraction details
Owner description: Basilica where the apostle St. Mark is buried and which contains the largest bronze works of Donatello.
Manila, Philippines
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“One of the best cathedral I have been to.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

It was very lovely cathedral. Tomb of St. Anthony is inside and we just touch and pray. It was my second time here and I prayed for the things I wish for my family. The incorruptible tongue can be seen together with his lower jaw. There were brochures in different languages about his life and miracles and you could have them with a modest amount of donation.

Visited April 2013

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“So Very Beautiful”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I visited MANY churches in Italy but found this Basilica of St Anthony to be the MOST BEAUTIFUL. The church took my breath away and I was so very touched. How beautiful? Well, tears started to flow down my cheeks...I couldn't stop them. Can't wait to return to Padua to come here again.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Carol T
Moycullen, Galway, Ireland
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful coloured exterior at sunset”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Mass was in progress when we arrived so we stayed at the back. What we could see was very Impressive.

Visited March 2013
Pesaro, Italy
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

It is a very big and beautiful cathedral. Santo Antonio's body is burried there. It is full of paintings and sculptures that are good to see. As a Catholic, it was nice to be able to pray in front of the Saint's grave.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank mariacomini
Santa Fe, New Mexico
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“The Saint of Lost Things”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Basilica of St. Anthony is a popular pilgrimage stop in Padua, where people pray to St. Anthony for help finding whatever they have lost--people, things, spiritual guidance. St. Anthony is buried here and his tongue--which apparently had miraculous powers--is on view in a reliquary along with his jawbone.
(I was here in 2010, not 2012, but the date menu wouldn't let me go further back than last year. I'm sure nothing has changed.)

Visited May 2012