“Hotel Corso is good value”
Review of Hotel Corso

Hotel Corso
Ranked #40 of 45 Hotels in Padua
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Hotel Corso is well located - 5 minutes easy walk from the station and not much more into the city centre. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was good and the service was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian M

Reviewed June 25, 2014

I went to this hotel during a conference in Padua. It is in a convenient location between the train station and downtown, and very easy to find. However I was not impressed. The place needs updating and some renovation. I had a nice view from my window, but that's about it. There is an office where you can print with your usb. I'd go here for a business trip, but not for a vacation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here in May when travelling around Northern Italy by train. It is only 5 minutes from the station and is easy to find. The Scrigvoni Chapel is close by and the centre is only 10 minutes walk. We were given room 220. We found it depressing in colour and furnishing. It really needs updating and the bathroom renovating. The water had low pressure and was only tepid. We reported that the sink needed unblocking and that the bathroom window wouldn't shut properly, but there appeared to be little concern. However, the hotel is conveniently situated for visiting the attractions of Padua.and does have free wifi. The breakfast room is a modern addition, but at 9 o'clock we found that items were limited and not being replaced.
This was the hotel we least enjoyed of the 6 we stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alansue67
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I had a 10 days trip to Padua in April 2013, a sabbatical trip where I visited the University. Hotel Corso was chosen because it is situated very central in Padua, and the daily walk to the University would not last for more than 17-20 minutes. A good start of the day, a charming walk along the river. I was not dissappointed with my selection of hotel. In favour of picking a bigger - and more expensive - business hotel, the downtown hotel Corso was selected. The room I got was spacious, the bed was good and I slept well. There are some traffic noise outside the hotel, which I knew about from the descriptions I read beforehand. Traffic noise is something that quite often accompanies down-town hotels, which I accept. A very important asset and expectancy that hotel Corso fullfilled: The internet connection was good, free of charge (included in the room price). I found the price level for my stay very affordable, half the price of what I am used to in my home country. The breakfast, included in the room price, was served in a very cozy place, in something thas must have been a previous outdoor square, but rebuilt with a glass-ceiling. The food offered was limited, but sufficient to my taste. I also found it favourable that we also could drink as much coffee and juice as we wanted, without bothering the staff each time, for each new round. The waiters were polite, but a bit distant to my taste, some more smiling would not have felt invasive. If I have another trip to Padua, I will must certainly pick the same hotel next time.

Room Tip: Top floor will mean bigger distance to the traffic that surrounds a down-town hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PSPSM
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

This 3 star hotel was just right for my budget and had more amenities than I expected for the price (5 night single room €331 total including tax). Has tv, free wifi, ensuite with good shower, hot breakfast included served buffet style in very nice dining room. Corsi del Popolo runs perpendicular to train station and hotel is 3 short blocks down that street, less than 10 minute walk.

Padua has many interesting sights and is a 15-minute train ride from Venice. We got a 9€ round trip ticket arriving Venice 9:10 am and leaving 6:30 pm.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights in August this year. The weather was extremely hot including the rooms. The air conditioning was poor and the front desk did not have any fans for guests. Beds are fairly firm and hard so don't expect luxury. Breakfast is simple, a simple selection of fruit and yogurts. Hotel is a 5 min walk from the centre of town and railway station. Stay here if you are on business not the romantic get away!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Yury K