“Good local food”

Ranked #171 of 1,079 Restaurants in Padua
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

nice typical restaurant, good service, fair prices. Try "Fegato Veneziana" - you will love it. The italian deserts are fresh made - so was the pasta and the pizza. It is in a quiet street in the pedestrian section.

1  Thank Debora R

Reviewed October 12, 2012

After a while trying to find a pizzeria in the city centre we stumbled upon this restaurant. We found another just up the road but this place had a little more charm eg. Like having the pizza oven at the back of the restaurant for everyone to see. The food was nice, I had a lasagne and my partner had a maceroni dish which was a little disappointing to be honest, not that well cooked, just penne pasta with some tomato sauce. Not much communication from the waiters, took forever to get the bill but then when we left, we realised they had a outside bit with tables and looked really busy. Overall, pizzas looked tasty and good value for money

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stumbled upon Osteria Al Peronio after a lovely afternoon in Padua. We had no reviews to refer to but were not disappointed. The menu had a wide choice for all tastes at prices that won't break the bank. The staff were friendly and efficient. There was a relaxing atmosphere and the customers were all locals apart from ourselves. My partner and I shared a large salad to start with which was obviously freshly prepared and lovely and crisp. We followed that with a pizza each. The bases were thin and crisp, Perfectly cooked. We washed our meal down with a 0.5 ltr of house wine which was good value and a bottle of water. In total our meal cost us 34 euros which we felt was very good value.

Reviewed November 24, 2011

En route home to Florence after a few days in Venice, we decided at the last minute to show our visiting cousin Piazza delle Erbe in Padova so lunch was merely a second thought. Consequently we didn't consult Trip Advisor as we normally do and dropped into the first restaurant that we passed by between our parked car and the Piazza. We were lucky! Osteria al Peronio was a very pleasant mixture of a friendly welcome and unexpectedly good food! Interesting, too. Since we passed everything around the table, I can affirm that my daughter's tuna croquettes were very good, her fried radicchio di Treviso a crunchy delight, my cousin's pappardelle with fresh porcini mushrooms was very good, my baccala mantecata needed only a dash of salt to make it perfect. Two of us followed with pizza and, since my preference is always for less rather than more as a pizza base, I was quite happy with my marinara (although no one ever puts quite enough garlic on it for my taste!) as was my daughter with her four cheeses. After coffee, a few steps brought us to the Palazzo della Ragione. In all, this was a happy foray into Padova.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

In fine weather you can eat in the square under canvas, in cold or very hot weather , you can eat in air-conditioned comfort and watch il pizzaiolo perform his act in the new pizza oven.
The restaurant is run by a family Pappa e Mamma sono camarieri and their son and daughter and daughter's boy-friend all work their socks off to give welcoming and prompt service. They obviously take immense pride in providing local cuisine and their burrata comes fresh daily from Puglia; it is without doubt the best I have ever tasted. My friend tells me their pizzas are superb with thin crisp pastry and wonderful authentic fillings. Prosecco ala spinata at 10 euros per litre might tempt you; just remember Oscar Wilde who could resist anything but temptation and enjoy a most memorable meal at a bargain price; you will not be disappointed.