Google
from $79.40
More Info
from $445.87
More Info
All reviews prosecco wine valpolicella region rialto bridge private tour wonderful tour family run wineries knowledgeable guide winery tour boat trip fresh pasta porchetta walking tour train station mario sommelier tours venice
Selected filters
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

My friends and I were looking for a "foodie" day from Venice. Our concierge suggested this company who specializes in wine and food tours.
Our tour was amazing! We visited a small dairy farm way up in the hills and learned how the locals make cheese. Our guide, Mario, translated and was very well-informed. After a huge lunch we visited a Prosecco winery. A great escape from sweltering Venice! A must do if you are cheese and wine fans.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed August 1, 2017

Begrudgingly accommodated my wife and her love of Prosecco and booked this tour. Honestly, I never really liked Prosecco. I AM CONVERTED!!! Mario picked us up in Venice and drove us to two wineries and a trattoria for lunch for a full day of information, drinks, and food. We could not have asked for more. We were so pleased with this tour. The wine was so exquisite we came home to the US with multiple bottles. The wineries were small and the owners were VERY proud of their craft. Mario made it very clear that we were there to see the vineyard and the winery and taste but that we were under no pressure to buy. This set us very much at ease. We felt as if we could simply taste the wine, listen to the process and enjoy a fantastic day away from the city. Mario is incredible! A trove of information. Easily one of the best tours I have ever done. Thank you Mario!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Mario was outstanding! This was an excellent private tour of the Italian countryside. We visited an incredible cheesemaker, Malga Barbaria, and experienced 1st hand what their life is like. Plus the views from their mountaintop cheese shop were spectacular. What really made this day special was the amazing knowledge of our guide, Mario. We believed Prosecco is like cheap champagne but his Sommelier skills have changed our opinion, and now, we are completely hooked. Mario also setup a private tour with a splendid guide of the Castello Brandolini. It was terrific. I will tell all my friend visiting Venice to treat themselves to Venice Day Tours. It was a great perspective that took us out of the city and into another world.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 22, 2017

My husband and I did the Amarone Wine Tour while on our honeymoon in May. We had an amazing time touring two vineyards and eating at a local restaurant. Mario was extremely personable and knowledgeable. We learned about the local culture, wine and food. We recommend this tour without hesitation!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed June 14, 2017

An absolutely fantastic cheese farm tour with a wonderful guide, Mario - from start to end he and his wife Rachel have been more than helpful and we really enjoyed every part of this tour. They took us up to the farm, showed us a wonderful scenic route pointing out all places of interest on the way, translated everything, ordered us a lovely lunch and thoroughly looked after us and made this very memorable. Thanks Mario and Rachel - wonderful!!!

Date of experience: June 2017