Review Highlights
A day to remember

My self and my wife visited Venice on a day trip it was a very busy day but worthwhile we saw all... read more

Reviewed December 11, 2018
N9DUF
Edinburgh
via mobile
Day trip

The second time I take this trip and the first time for my wife. I have to say that Grey Line ( I... read more

Reviewed December 3, 2018
robcatch9
Dallas, Texas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Padua
from $17.31
More Info
from $345.03
More Info
All reviews amarone wine private tour trained sommelier tasting tour great tour wine making great cheese cheese tasting wine industry the vine lovely wine italian sommelier valpolicella area highly recommend this tour veneto region boat trip wine lovers
Reviewed August 1, 2017

Begrudgingly accommodated my wife and her love of Prosecco and booked this tour. Honestly, I never really liked Prosecco. I AM CONVERTED!!! Mario picked us up in Venice and drove us to two wineries and a trattoria for lunch for a full day of information, drinks, and food. We could not have asked for more. We were so pleased with this tour. The wine was so exquisite we came home to the US with multiple bottles. The wineries were small and the owners were VERY proud of their craft. Mario made it very clear that we were there to see the vineyard and the winery and taste but that we were under no pressure to buy. This set us very much at ease. We felt as if we could simply taste the wine, listen to the process and enjoy a fantastic day away from the city. Mario is incredible! A trove of information. Easily one of the best tours I have ever done. Thank you Mario!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed July 23, 2017

Mario was outstanding! This was an excellent private tour of the Italian countryside. We visited an incredible cheesemaker, Malga Barbaria, and experienced 1st hand what their life is like. Plus the views from their mountaintop cheese shop were spectacular. What really made this day special was the amazing knowledge of our guide, Mario. We believed Prosecco is like cheap champagne but his Sommelier skills have changed our opinion, and now, we are completely hooked. Mario also setup a private tour with a splendid guide of the Castello Brandolini. It was terrific. I will tell all my friend visiting Venice to treat themselves to Venice Day Tours. It was a great perspective that took us out of the city and into another world.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed June 22, 2017

My husband and I did the Amarone Wine Tour while on our honeymoon in May. We had an amazing time touring two vineyards and eating at a local restaurant. Mario was extremely personable and knowledgeable. We learned about the local culture, wine and food. We recommend this tour without hesitation!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed June 14, 2017

An absolutely fantastic cheese farm tour with a wonderful guide, Mario - from start to end he and his wife Rachel have been more than helpful and we really enjoyed every part of this tour. They took us up to the farm, showed us a wonderful scenic route pointing out all places of interest on the way, translated everything, ordered us a lovely lunch and thoroughly looked after us and made this very memorable. Thanks Mario and Rachel - wonderful!!!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed May 20, 2017

I found this guided tour on GetYourGuide and it was named "Amarone Wine Tour & Tasting from Venice, Padua or Verona".

Afterwards, when we met Mario he told us that he actually as a tour company and that he can do almost any custumized tour for clients who want to taste wines in Venetia.

The tour was fabulous. We were alone with Mario. who is a sommelier, and a cheese taster too. He is very friendly and kind and explains everything so clearly. We learned a lot about Valpolicella, Ripasso, Amarone and Recioto wines. The two wineries that we visited were small family wineries that made wonderful products, they were very generous with us and even made us taste wonderful Grappa from their estate.

The included lunch was great too, not a tourist trap at all. In fact it was full of Italian families celebrating the first communion of their children.

If you like wine and you want to get out of Venice crowds for a day, we really recommend this particular tour.

Date of experience: May 2017