Review Highlights
A day to remember

My self and my wife visited Venice on a day trip it was a very busy day but worthwhile we saw all... read more

Reviewed December 11, 2018
N9DUF
Edinburgh
via mobile
Day trip

The second time I take this trip and the first time for my wife. I have to say that Grey Line ( I... read more

Reviewed December 3, 2018
robcatch9
Dallas, Texas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Padua
from $17.36
More Info
from $142.00
More Info
All reviews amarone wine private tour trained sommelier tasting tour great tour wine making great cheese cheese tasting wine industry the vine lovely wine italian sommelier valpolicella area highly recommend this tour italian countryside veneto region boat trip
Reviewed September 17, 2016

We had a lovely day on the Prosecco day tour. As there were four of us we opted for the private tour and everything went as planned. Mario was prompt in meeting us and was very informative.

We loved the first winery we visited. They were very welcoming and the prosecco was delicious. We ordered some prosecco to be delivered to our home and it arrived just over a week later....quicker than our postcards! The first winery also had a restaurant and that's where we stopped for lunch which was delicious and very filling. After lunch we moved on to the next winery which was bigger than the first. The scenery in the area is beautiful and it was refreshingly cooler than the heat in Venice.

I would recommend this trip to anyone wanting to explore the Prosecco region, we had a lovely time.. Thank you Mario!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed September 11, 2016

Our day trip with Mario was the hi-light of our trip to Venice. Mario picked us up outside of Venice and educated us about the Valopilicella regions, wines and history of Verona. The two wineries we visited were exceptional as was the wine tasting and lunch. We would highly recommend Mario as a guide.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank craigandangie
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful place, food and drink. So much to see, need at least three days. Recommend taking the back streets to really experience the local culture

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed July 9, 2016

Five of us took a one-day private walking tour from Mario and Rachel while we were on a cruise and docked in Venice. It has to be one of the best tours and days we have spend throughout many travels. We were picked up by our ship and driven to Padua, where we saw detailed and informative tours of the Basilica, the Scrovegni chapel, the city and its markets and the university. Rachel spend the entire day with us and is a font of knowledge, plus she is fun and speaks flawless English (She is originally from Cleveland and spent over 20 years living in Italy. She took us to a great restaurant for lunch, and treated us to cocktails, coffee and wine. The tour included admission fees to sites we saw, as well as the food and wine, which many tours do not include. We loved the trip and the company!!!!

Date of experience: June 2016
2  Thank KAR223
Reviewed June 24, 2016

We went on the Alpine Cheese Farm & Wine Tasting Tour. We had Mario as our guide. He was so amazing. Very friendly and informative. My husband didn't want to do the tour but he did just to make me happy. After the tour that was all he talked about. He loved the fact that we were the only ones doing the tour because we had personalized tour. The cheese farm was the high lite of the trip and my husband even help the cheese master make some of the cheese. The experience was so amazing watching them make the cheese. The trip included eating at a local restaurant which was also fantastic. After that we went to the vineyard where we tasted different wines. Thank you Mario for a fun fill day

Date of experience: May 2016