“Special cheese & wine tasting day!”
Review of Venice Day Trips

Venice Day Trips
Ranked #1 of 19 Tours in Padua
More attraction details
Owner description: Venice Day Trips offers activites focusing on culture, wine and food in Venice, Padova, Verona and throughout the Veneto. Our wine excursions will take you to the most important production areas including the Valpolicella, the Prosecco Hills and the Soave countryside. Our culinary activities include cooking lessons in Padova and Venice. We also offer multi-day packages such as "In the Land of Prosecco", a fun 5 day wine and food tour in the Prosecco countryside and "Gourmet Emilia Romagna", a 5 day culinary pilgrimage to the land of Parmigiano Reggiano, Prosciutto di Parma and Balsamic Vinegar. Contact us for family-friendly activites and cruise excursions!
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband, a couple of friends and I booked the Mountain Cheese Farm visit in July 2012 with Venice Day Trips.
We left early in the morning from Venice with Mario, our cheese and wine expert. He organized a one day trip that went far beyond our expectations. First he took us to the top of a mountain to visit a farm where we saw all the steps to make cheese. After we had a cheese tasting. then we went back to the hills to have a fabulous lunch in a completely organic farm/restaurant. Then we tasted the real Prosecco in all of its many versions.
If you want to have a cheese and wine experience call Mario and reserve this day with Venice Day Trips.

1  Thank irinavuko1965
in 3 reviews
"outdoor market"
"gelato"

Reviewed August 7, 2012

My boyfriend and I did the private prosecco tour with Mario. It was absolutely amazing. The most authentic and intimate thing we did while traveling Europe. The amount of prosecco you drink is unparallel and the food was amazing. Definitely worth the time and money. I doubt I would have ever been able to learn or see the kind of real Italy without this tour.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We did this tour our second day in Padova. We spent a lot of time at a cafe looking at brochures. For anyone who had done research about Padova, it was redundant. This is a good tour for someone who doesn't have the time to do their own research ahead of time. The guide tried to be selling us on other tours as well. We got what the website advertised, but we were expecting more of a city walk. We may have misread the website. For almost 200 euros for exactly two hours(not a second more), we felt it wasn't worth it.

1  Thank travellingbook
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Mario (the owner of Venice Day Trips) lined me up with Silvia for a tour of the Brenta villas. Mario was accommodating and responsive; Silvia was a fabulous tour guide -- a great duo. I would seek them out again in a heart beat...so recommend both of them with complete enthusiasm!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Ciao,
Last summer our family had the most amazing vacation in Italy! It included me and my husband (in our late 50's) and our teenage daughter. We went to all of the usual tourist spots which included Rome, Livorno, Pisa, Florence, Padua, Venice and the Veneto Region; then onto Verona and Milan. With the help of a most gracious host and travel consultant, Mario Piccinin of Venice Day Trips, we were able to include a Family Heritage Trip to the Veneto to see our family towns and research our family tree. Those towns were Valstagna, San Nazario, Paderno del Grappa, Fietta and Bassano del Grappa. We couldn't have done all that without Mario's help. This adventure was almost like the ones you see now on Ancestry's television show Who Do You Think You Are?
My husband's grandparents immigrated from the Veneto to Texas in the early 1900's. Mario helped us locate their home places and find the churches where all of the family documents (baptisms and marriages) were located. We emailed him before the trip with our family information. He set up appointments with archivists from the churches we visited. The archivists only accepted donations to the churches, and they were so gracious with their time. To get copies of those original documents would have been difficult to do on our own. Mario was right there to guide us and translate. Through old photos that we had, Mario helped us locate the home of my husband's grandmother in Valstagna and find the Fietta/Paderno del Grappa farmhouse where his grandfather was born. That was a once-in-a-lifetime experience! We have traveled to many places, but this heritage trip was the absolute best! We were even able to meet a couple of cousins while there.
Mario also took us on a day trip from Padua to Bassano del Grappa. It was just a fabulous town with lots to see. Since it was near our anniversary, we wanted to get pictures at the famous Bassano de Grappa (Alpini) Bridge. I'm sure that he took at least 20 pictures of us, because I was such a fanatic about getting just the right photo for our anniversary. Mario was so patient with us and had such an easy-going personality. He never rushed us, and we were really able to relax and enjoy our visit. Six months after our trip, Mario was able to find a copy of our family tree book Paderno del Grappa and sent it to us. I know if I have questions or if I need something in Italian translated to English, he'll help me on that even now.
For the trip to the Milan Airport Hotel, Mario arranged for us to go by car from Padua to Milan by way of Verona with a wonderful driver Silvia S. We didn't want to deal with luggage on a train and taxi's etc. Silvia took us to the Arena and of course to Juliette's Balcony. I lived in Verona as a US Army brat, so I wanted to get pictures of myself with my daughter in the same places where my parents and I stood almost 50 years before. Even in a light rain, Silvia got out and walked up and down that street with us until we finally found my house. I think she was just as delighted as we were to find it! Should you ever need a driver for day trips, especially out of the Venice area, we recommend Silvia S. Going by car instead of by train did cost a little more; however the convenience was so worth it.
If you are in that region of Italy or going on a cruise with a port in Venice, just call or email Mario at Venice Day Trips, and he'll help with your trip details. His prices are very reasonable. My family and I give him our highest praises as a travel consultant and recommend him to assist you with your vacation. We still keep in contact with Mario after a year, and we probably always will as he is now our good friend.
Thanks for everything Mario! Grazie!

2  Thank Jim and Tammy B