Review Highlights
A day to remember

My self and my wife visited Venice on a day trip it was a very busy day but worthwhile we saw all... read more

Reviewed December 11, 2018
N9DUF
Edinburgh
via mobile
Day trip

The second time I take this trip and the first time for my wife. I have to say that Grey Line ( I... read more

Reviewed December 3, 2018
robcatch9
Dallas, Texas
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Padua
from $17.36
More Info
from $142.00
More Info
All reviews amarone wine private tour trained sommelier tasting tour great tour wine making great cheese cheese tasting wine industry the vine lovely wine italian sommelier valpolicella area highly recommend this tour italian countryside veneto region boat trip
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We had the pleasure to experience the 'Venice Walk with Rachel'. She was very knowledgeable and extremely friendly! We would highly recommend her.

Date of experience: December 2011
1  Thank Tom G
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Before going to Venice, searching for an Amarone Tour (my favorite wine) I found Venice Day Trips, through Trip Advisor. So, I've made contact with Mario Piccinin ( the owner) and I've booked a tour to Amarone area.
The tour was beyond our expectation. First, he offered two wineries to be visited, light (!!!???) lunch included. I asked for visiting Masi ( my husband and I have a romantic story with this wine), just for stop and shop and he included the visit, without any problem.
The lunch was fantastic. Restaurant's owner served us himself, explaining each plate served. The plates of cheeses and cold cuts (made in the restaurant!) took us to heaven… The pasta still remains in my memory (the best I ever tasted). Even the fresh Valpolicella wine was excellent.
Mario guided the whole tour with kindness and knowledge.
Next time in Venice, I'll call Mario to book the Prosecco tour. He is reliable and an excellent guide. Thank you, Mario!!!!

Date of experience: December 2011
3  Thank anapin
Reviewed November 20, 2011

We took a cruise in October from Venice and decided to stay an extra two days in the Veneto region to visit Verona and Vicenza on one day and Padua on the second day! A co-worker recommended Venice Day Trips to my family and I and a friend who was traveling with us. We had a party of 5. I contacted Rachel and asked her for some suggestions as my parents are older and we were not sure whether it was best to do escorted tours or go independently with a driver. Rachel had a wealth of suggestions for doing both for both the city of Venice as well as the Veneto region. After discussions with my family, we decided to go independently with a driver. Rachel and Mario made all the arrangements for us to be picked up at the hotel in the morning and dropped off at the end of the day. She sent many wonderful ideas for shopping, sightseeing and dining for each day. The drivers for each day were prompt, very courteous and allowed us the flexibility to do as we pleased. For the day trip to Verona and Vicenza, we stayed within the times that Rachel suggested in each city and enjoyed a wonderful lunch at a restaurant that she suggested in Soave between the two cities! It was a very enjoyable day! For our second day in Padua, she suggested visiting the open air market in the morning and provided additional suggestions for the afternoon. Again it was a perfect day! We enjoyed everything we saw and the flexibility that the drivers provided us! It worked well for my family and friend. I would highly recommend Venice Day Trips to anyone who wants to explore Venice and the Veneto region of Italy. It was a perfect two days!!

Date of experience: October 2011
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Do not pass up an opportunity to have a tour of this region of Italy by Mario Piccinin. My partner and I were visiting our son who is studying at the Padua University and found Mario (and wife Rachel) come up several times regarding excellent tours. We were delighted that he worked with us to create an amazing day for us which included wine tasting in a Procecco Winery with a personal tour, a visit of the Brando Castle with displays of armaments, prison, and private tour guide to explain historical relevance, and a wonderful lunch at a local country restaurant. Mario is the perfect tour guide and we felt comfortable immediately with him; he is extraordinarily knowledgable and personable and accomodated our requests including a quick visit to a local store to help us choose the perfect olive oil to bring home! By the end of the trip it was as if we were saying bye to a family friend. We would recommend him wholeheartedly and will definitely use him and his advise in the future when we visit Italy again. In our opinion he is the only tour guide for this region!

Date of experience: October 2011
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I had a previous experience with Mario in summer 2008, when he was our guide in the wine tour in Colli Euganei and Valpolicella. Both tours were done on a very professional level. This summer we contacted Mario again with a request to help us planning two days in the North Italy (a day of cheese & wine tour and a day in Venice).

Mario and Rachel reverted after a short while with suggestions. The planning was excellent; we got two choices for the wine/cheese trip and a recommendation for the trip in Venice. We chose a trip to the cheese farm in Cornablacca and the Franciacorta wine tour for one day (planned by Mario and Rachel) and a day in Venice with a guide, who was Rachel.

Both tours are highly recommended. All was done on a very professional level, having taking into consideration all small practical details. The excellent planning of the cheese/wine tour, which we chose to have on our own, and a the guided tour in Venice, which would be difficult and tiring to have on our own, as that was our first time in Venice.

The both days will be a great memory of our vacation in the North Italy. We will remember the cheese tour as full of surprises - driving into the mountains and being picked up by the Mayor of Pertica Alta to drive us the last 4 km to the top of the beautiful mountain/hill with the fantastic view and the wild nature - goats and horses, fresh air and very-very nice people - Maria-Gracia, Rosi and their families.

The wine tour to Franciacorta to the Ricci Curbastro wine museum and the wine yard was also very interesting. Mr. Ricci Curbastro is an excellent story-teller and we learned a lot about the history of Franciacorta, the family business and the wine production itself. The wine testing brought a new experience and respect and more understanding for the sparkling wine.

A special thanks to Rachel for her tour in Venice! She is truly a professional guide, who loves and enjoys what she is doing. Her tour was a real pleasure - both interesting and relaxing and full of unforgettable memories.

We will definitely contact Mario and Rachel for our next vacation in Italy.

Date of experience: September 2011