“Trattoria!”

Ranked #11 of 1,055 Restaurants in Padua
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Trattoria San Pietro is located in the center of Padua and years enchant the palates of those who pass by here with his homemade cuisine based on carefully selected raw materials and seasonal , in a refined setting , with classic tastes. Reservations required.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I love this type of restaurant. Can't experience this type of dining in the states.
So, we seek out the family owned trattorias that are off the beaten path so to speak. Not always, but it seems the best ones are down a crooked alley or off the main drag. Delicious, fresh dishes usually typical of the area and personal service. Great wines. Small and cozy atmosphere.This place fit the bill. I had an amazing pumpkin risotto! Great service!

1  Thank Laura M

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stumbled on this restaurant whilst wending our way around Padova. Our first two choices of restaurants were unfortunately closed. How pleased we were when we were greeted with a smile, shown to a table with spotless china, silver and glassware and lovely handwritten menu. The bean soup was excellent as was the prosciutto and fig. All the mains were very good and the house white and red very palatable. As this was lunchtime the restaurant was quite quiet, it apparently gets very busy in the evening so I suggest you make a booking beforehand.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the server at the Gelateria Romana around the corner - it was our last meal after a week in Italy. Saving the best for last. My husband had freshly made pasta with mushrooms, which he pronounced as excellent and I had the tenderest veal with tiny slices of zucchini. The server was adorable and friendly. We did not have dessert here, but headed back for more ice cream!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by a local we met while out exploring. What a recommendations is wonderful! The place itself is very small and unassuming but my, my the food is first class!
The waiter is very knowledgeable about all items on the menu (not extensive and ususally hand written) and was more than helpful with the wine selection. He took time to listen to what we liked and even helped me along with my very poor Italian conversation.
We enjoed the food here so much we went back a second night during our four night stay in Padova. The pasta is absolutely delicious and makes you wonder how other places don't manage to make it taste as good.
If you are in Padova and would like to sample simple, deliciously cooked food then the Trattatoria San Pietro is a must.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Based on reviews, we made a reservation at this trattoria. Even though it was 20:30 we were the first people there, and only one other group came in while were there. Just one waiter for the floor, but only about 8-10 tables. He was very good, well informed, and knowledgeable about the menu and wine list. The service was very good and all the foods were wells prepared. Nothing spectacular, but very sound preparation. I guess the deciding question is would I go back and I would. By the way, this is an under appreciated city. We loved Padova. It has a lot to offer and you can walk everywhere. I would go back there as well and look forward to doing it.