“Hotel M 14 Padua”
Review of Hotel M14

Hotel M14
Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in Padua
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great location and fantastic facility's,exactly what we needed from a few week's travelling through Italy.
Great rooms and very friendly staff and also very affordable.
Loved Padova and will be back and will definitely book the Hotel M14.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ALESSANDRO S, Direttore at Hotel M14, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review!

We'll be happy to welcome you again!!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel was really amazing. Good location, quiet neighborhood, good breakfast. They offer bicycles for free and a service of electric powered cars for few euros. Employees were kind, WiFi worked well in our room. The vitraux near the stairs are really beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We got a great deal, which can be very difficult to find while travelling through Italy. I can't tell you how great the location is. Every sightseeing destination worth seeing is walking distance from the hotel. It's close to everything yet it's on a quiet side street so you don't have to worry about noise. The room was very small but not uncomfortable; unless you're the type to travel with a lot of luggage. The bathroom has no physical separation between the shower and the rest of the bathroom floor. This is common in some parts of Italy; it creates flooding obviously and we found this to be a real nuisance. The breakfast buffet is unsatisfactory, too continental for my taste. Overall the location and great value make up for the weird bathroom and flimsy breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
ALESSANDRO S, Direttore at Hotel M14, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review.

We know, our hotel is the best position that you can find in Padova, M14 is in the heart of the city but you can reach it by car and also parking inside the hotel.

Also don't forget that with our new bicycles (free rent) you can also visit the fantastic surroundings.

We know about the problem of the shower so I am happy to inform you that in a few days every standard rooms will be equipped with box shower.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Selected the hotel because we brought our Swiss shepard with us, who was beloved and welcome at the M14. The location is ideal between the big place and the old town.
It was still very quiet and the beds are excellent, so ful points on the sleep quality.
Staff was friendly and helpful and only best memories remain with the trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
ALESSANDRO S, Direttore at Hotel M14, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your fantastic review.

I hope see you soon!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at the M14 last year and found the experience to be extremely frustrating. To start, my booking had been screwed up, and even though in our correspondence my dates had been very clear, they had me down coming in the following week. After much foraging, and the arrival of the manager, they were able to find me a room. The manager (owner?) is the only person at the hotel who seemed to know what he was doing. The other staff were a constant flux of young women who mostly hadn't a clue how to work the computer, has no social skills, and never seemed to care about anything. This inexperience caused long waits, and many a phone calls for help to the manager who worked much of the time elsewhere. I waited 45 minutes to check out, which is unacceptable. I saw many an irate customer the other 3 mornings I was at the hotel who were all having the same long wait I myself had. The hotel takes great pride in how popular they are, but they really need to train their staff and put more people on the desk during the busy check out time.

As for the rooms, they are small but fine. I was in a double on my own, and can't imagine sharing the space with another person though - unless one person is laying on the bed while the other walks around. For one it was perfect though, the bed comfortable and the furnishings, although plain (no, not minimalist) were functional. The bathroom was another story. Awkward to get into, even more awkward to maneuver once inside, the shower sprayed all over the walls, towel rack, toilet, sink, bidet and floor. It also felt very worn compared to the room. The wifi in my room didn't work.

Breakfast was fine - usual full buffet. The coffee was terrible though, but fortunately I discovered on the 3rd day that I could order one at the bar in reception. This isn't announced. The guy in charge of the breakfast bar was fantastic - friendly, courteous and one step ahead of my needs.

Free bikes were great, and so was the 10 Euro parking, which I think was worth it. Do book ahead though as they have limited spots and it was full when I stayed.

So, all in all? This hotel is great value for the money (I paid 45 with breakfast) and is an ok budget hotel. You won't find anything cheaper in Padova's city center. The standard rooms are not suitable for larger people though, and you'd want to be very very intimate with your room mate if you are in a double. If it weren't for the frustrating staff (I've left out most of my frustrations!) I'd give it a 4, I'd really like to give it a 2, but that seems unfair considering how cheap it is ...so 3 it is.

Room Tip: Rooms in the corners don't get internet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank photo_gypsy
ALESSANDRO S, Direttore at Hotel M14, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review.

I am sorry if you found some problems concerning some services of our hotel.

You stayed in our hotel last year (the year when the Hotel was inaugurated), fortunately we had a great success and the hotel was often full, you know, we needed a bit of time to learn wich was the best way in order to give the best service for the customer.

After one year I am pride to say that we have resolved a lot of problems and our service is without dubts increase.

If you will visit again Padova please choose again our hotel so you can feel our improvents.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

What I liked most was the courtesy of Laura and Benny even the new guy at the reception was pretty cool.
What about the location not much to say just that it's just next to the second biggest square in the whole Europe.
The level of clean is excellent the minibar in the room full, there is air conditioning in the room and it's really comfortable!
I want to congratulate myself to the Manager on his choice regard the staff and also because he finds the time to answer to all the reviews showing interest on his own structure! Only one advise! Review the breakfast buffet!

La cosa che mi ha colpito di più di sicuro la cortesia e la simpatia di Laura e Benny pure il ragazzo nuovo Luca molto cortese.
L'ubicazione niente da dire proprio accanto alla seconda piazza più grande d'europa (e non è poco) il livello di pulizia è eccellente il frigo bar in camera pieno, la camera climatizzata e accogliente! Mi voglio complimentare con il Direttore per la scelta del personale e pure perchè trova il tempo di rspondere alle recensioni dando nota di interesse verso la propria struttura! Vorrei dare un solo consiglio; da rivedere il buffet delle colazioni!

Marco Alan R.

• Stayed: December 2012
ALESSANDRO S, Direttore at Hotel M14, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you for your review.

Please send me your opinion about the breakfast I am curious to know what I can improve.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I spent 6 nights with my sister in Hotel M 14, one week ago. Hotel has an excellent position, so that to the city center you can go on foot, only cca. 10. min. walking. What is particularly important is really a
wonderful staff. Especially a big thanks to Laura and Beny, they were fantastic!!
Hotel is clean, breakfast is OK. I ma looking forward to come again soon.
Definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ALESSANDRO S, Direttore at Hotel M14, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you so much for your review.

Benny and Laura are the M14's pillars.

Thank you!